Neil Aspinall

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Neil Aspinall

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:16 am

What about Neil?? What´s he doing currently?? Heard once that he´s still in the Apple Corps... :? Does Apple company still exist??
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Re: Neil Aspinall

Postby macca-fanna » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:30 am

dsnito wrote:Heard once that he´s still in the Apple Corps... :? Does Apple company still exist??

I think so too.....
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:52 pm

Maybe is there an official Apple website?? I´ll try to search that...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:13 pm

dsnito wrote:Maybe is there an official Apple website?? I´ll try to search that...
Let me know what you find...I didnt have much luck the other day... :wink:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:51 pm

Apple Computer Is Due to Contest Beatles' Lawsuit in U.K. Court
Feb. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Computer Inc. will return to London's High Court today to contest the latest lawsuit brought by a company owned by the Beatles over the personal-computer maker's use of the Apple trademark.

Apple Corps Ltd., owned by the four Beatles or their families, says the Californian company's iTunes online music store breaches a 1991 agreement forbidding the computer maker from using the trademark for any works ``whose principal content is music and, or performances.'' Apple Computer would retain the logo for its ``core business,'' court documents said.

``Providing both businesses stay within their particular areas, then trademark law allows them to coexist,'' said John Linneker, a partner in intellectual property at London law firm Taylor Wessing. ``It's when computers meet the music industry that the trademark conflict blows up.''

The iTunes product allows people to download songs from the Web for 99 cents each and transfer them to Apple Computer's iPod music players. Chief Executive Steve Jobs is betting on digital music devices to help drive sales as the company's share of the computer market wanes.

The Beatles' lawyers will argue in a two to three day hearing that the case should be heard in London. The computer maker's lawyers contest this and have asked a Californian judge for the case to proceed in San Jose.

Original Agreement

The two companies' original agreement on the Apple trademark, signed in 1981, allowed the Californian company to use the name only for the sale of computers. Apple Computer later used the logo for computers to edit and record music, prompting the Beatles' company to file a lawsuit in 1989. The companies settled their dispute in 1991 and signed a new agreement after a trial lasting more than 100 days at the High Court.

That contract stipulated Apple Computer could use the logo for computers, data processing and telecommunications, while the Beatles could retain it for music, according to documents filed by the pop group's lawyers at the High Court.

Apple Corps, run by Neil Aspinall in London, is owned by Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and the widows of John Lennon and George Harrison. It tries to control the use of the Beatles' image and work by issuing licenses and retaining final approval on any products. The Apple record label released the White Album and Hey Jude in 1968.

Apple Computer was founded by Jobs and Steve Wozniak in 1976 in Jobs' garage. The men, both college dropouts, sold their first machine without a monitor, keyboard or casing.

To contact the reporter on this story:
Liz Chong at lchong4@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor for this story:
Eamonn Sullivan at esullivan@bloomberg.net

That´s what I´ve found...seems that "Apple" is in judicial courts since that was found by the Lads... :? :lol:
Last edited by dsnito on Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:54 pm

Oh, yes...and the ´ol Neil is still running for the Lads... :)
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:24 am

Hey, cool, I just discovered that the video producer for "Band of Gypsys – Live at Fillmore East," was our man Neil Aspinall. The NARAS :roll: actually got one right in awarding him a grammy for it in '00.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions