Cloud 9

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jamie » Sun May 16, 2004 9:32 am

i only got into George after he died , there was never really a lot of his stuff in the shops , but then i found 'Cloud 9' in a crappy little record shop !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 16, 2004 10:07 am

jamie wrote:i only got into George after he died , there was never really a lot of his stuff in the shops , but then i found 'Cloud 9' in a crappy little record shop !
I got to my birthday!!! :D
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun May 16, 2004 11:01 am

jamie wrote:i only got into George after he died , there was never really a lot of his stuff in the shops , but then i found 'Cloud 9' in a crappy little record shop !

Wondered about this, jamie!!! :shock:
I´ve ever thought that in the UK and in the US, ALL of the Beatles SOLO stuffs were ALWAYS in the cathalog...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 16, 2004 11:31 am

dsnito wrote:

I´ve ever thought that in the UK and in the US, ALL of the Beatles SOLO stuffs were ALWAYS in the cathalog...
I´m going to the museum in liverpool soon and buy a lot of stuff...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jamie » Sun May 16, 2004 12:47 pm

dsnito wrote:

well quite a lot of George's stuff was deleted in the UK so throughout the 90's as George was inactive his stuff became less and less avaiable and since im only 23 i never got the albums when they first came out. Apart from 'ATMP' 'The Best of..' and the odd copy of 'LITMW' , there was not really a lot else !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 16, 2004 2:30 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:
dsnito wrote:

I´m going to the museum in liverpool soon and buy a lot of stuff...
I will do it in June... Anyone who will join me?
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue May 18, 2004 6:36 am

Cologne Girl, Jamie & Paul's Biggest Fan

Since I consider myself (like Dsnito) an expert on George and his works:
if I were to buy 4 or 5 of George's albums, I'd go for:
ALL THINGS MUST PASS, 33 1/3, CLOUD NINE, BRAINWASHED (no particular order). A fifth album I suggest is one that not many people like but I do: DARK HORSE.

Hey PBF, I agree with you that George's lyrics on BRAINWASHED are one of his three best sets of lyrics IMHO.
Yeah, like jamie wrote, George's available catalog at any store was getting thinner and thinner since the 90's. Now we have remasters (with only a few bonus tracks, mind you) of his stuff released after the Apple Days. Hopefully we'll have remasters of his other albums soon enough....
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue May 18, 2004 10:10 am

Berkeleyan wrote:Cologne Girl, Jamie & Paul's Biggest Fan

Since I consider myself (like Dsnito) an expert on George and his works:

Thanks, you're so kind Berk... :) but I'm not properly an EXPERT on George at all... I just like too much all the Beatles stuffs, but I ain't see myself as an expert on anything...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue May 18, 2004 12:22 pm

Tudo bem, Dsnito ? Vou "rasgar uma seda" com você agora, pois você merece ! Não sou puxa-saco, os outros podem pensar o que quiserem.

Dsnito, c'mon man, you ARE an EXPERT on Beatles (solo and otherwise), your posts speak for themselves ! :D

Secondly, congratulations on 3K POSTS REACHED !!!!
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Postby dsnito » Tue May 18, 2004 1:15 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:Tudo bem, Dsnito ? Vou "rasgar uma seda" com você agora, pois você merece ! Não sou puxa-saco, os outros podem pensar o que quiserem.

Dsnito, c'mon man, you ARE an EXPERT on Beatles (solo and otherwise), your posts speak for themselves ! :D

Secondly, congratulations on 3K POSTS REACHED !!!!

Obrigado...obrigado MESMO, Berk!!!
That´s just years and years, on and on listening to their songs and reading here and there about them...but I ain´t no reseacher of The Beatles at the point to defend a thesis :P :lol: That´s just for fun... :D
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE