Rusty Anderson is AWESOME

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Rusty Anderson is AWESOME

Postby Steve-o » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:06 pm

I've already shared this email with Ram, but I thought others would like to see it. This gentleman emailed me after I praised this great guitarist in an early post.......

Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 00:03:03 EDT
"Hey Steve...

Good to hear from you...It truly is amazing how young Rusty looks...I am almost 42 and I know for a fact he is 3 years older than me. To give you some perspective, when I was in high school in Orange County, CA, (in the mid-late 70s) I first saw Rusty Anderson play in a band called Eulogy. The other band in that era that was Eulogy's big "rival" was fronted by an unknown smokin' guitarist named Eddie Van Halen. True story...All the people in Orange County thought that Rusty Anderson was (and is) a better guitarist than Eddie. Everyone expected Rusty to be the huge, internationally known rock star. As it turned out, Eddie Van Halen hit the motherload. Rusty, on the other hand, has turned into one of top session guitarists in the country.
And now, he is hooked up with a Beatle...
There simply is no better rock
guitarist out there than Rusty Anderson and he is a nice guy to boot. I personally think that Macca has never had guys of Rusty's caliber before and that is why the shows are getting so universally lauded as his best ever...
Anyway, spread the word on my old guitar teacher. He truly deserves all the success he is now enjoying...
Respectfully,

Dan ______"

And now I have spread the word. Rusty is awesome.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:40 pm

Let me have another listen to Driving Rain - assuming you don't want to snatch it from me for yourself, I know how passionately you love that album, Steve

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:16 pm

Who me? Are you sure you have the right guy? Huh? I don't think I ever said anything near that.....it goes way beyond passion and love-----it's a religion to me......all hail Driving Rain and my God - James Paul McCartney..............

Rusty is very very good---and I about crapped when I found out he's close to my age....He looks early thrities if that---but the dude can just flat out play.....

You could be the one to chase my blues away, away....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:19 pm

Can I EVER post without having to eidt a typing error?

Someone please donate to me a new set of fingers--both hands please!

The hands are slowing down, but the brain is still pertty quick...make that PRETTY..see what i mean? from here on out--no more editing for me...you going to get a new concept in SteveW628 posts---call them the "get Back seesions" of the posts---just dont let Phil Spector near me....

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:21 pm

Don't play the innocent with me, Steve! You know full well what I meant - even if I was understating it!

Saying you like Driving Rain is like me saying I like Sting's "The Soul Cages", only perhaps with a little less intensity . . . I just love music with atmosphere. And TSC has so much atmosphere - a whole album's worth in each and every song! Aside from When The Angels Fall, which has an entire album's worth in each and every nanosecond!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:22 pm

quote:
Can I EVER post without having to eidt a typing error?

You may have to "eidt" yet another . . .

Me, I manually check spelling before I post. I am a stickler for perfect spelling in myself.

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:24 pm

Dang it Liam--you ruined my joke....THAT one was on purpose...

Edited by - stevew628 on 08/12/2002 13:24:48
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:25 pm

Yeah, I'd guessed that actually!

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:26 pm

And did you notice that I edited the reply?

To quote that International Man o' Mystery...

I did it just for "sh*ts and giggles, baby"

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:29 pm

No, I think you must have done that while I was writing my comment. I don't see anything different, though. Must just be me going funny.

Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours