Retirement

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:07 am

I doubt it--hit and run--probably one of those folks from the overbloated "official site" forum....

You could be the one to chase my blues away, away....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:08 am

I'll take your word for it - I've never visited any forums on anything except this one.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:09 am

I'll take your word for it - I've never visited any forums on anything except this one.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:10 am

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:17 am

The..erm.."official" forum site sucks, IMHO. I was one of the original members there, before they had their big "makeover", and I had to leave. That's why some of those members came over here, (like Karly.) Too much "politics" over there. A lot of attitudes and just plain crap. At least it was when I was over there. My name is still on the roster over there I think. I don't even check it anymore. Plus, as Steve said, it's "overbloated." I'm not interested in belonging to a site that has like 10,000 members. It's not personal enough for me.

Life's too short to spend it lonely, you only throw it away...
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:36 pm

I know the feeling. Self-opinionated bigots who refuse to accept that some people like something they don't, and suchlike. I had dealings with one of them last year.

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:52 pm

Yeah---it's hard to read, at least i think so....I started there as well, and didnt like it much---then Mike started this (I had bookmarked his mother site long agao) and I hung around and watched from the sidelines for awhile..and then jumped in...lotsa fun here, for sure..I know I get upset with the very few and have to state the obvious way too much to those folks, but it's all good.

You could be the one to chase my blues away, away....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:53 pm

Agreed. I found this forum in the middle of may, joined and became very regular very quickly! I couldn't believe how quickly I was "accepted into the family", so to speak.

Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:57 pm

Paul retiring?? No way!!!! Well, I didn't read this April's topic yet, and I reckon this as a rubbish, 'cos Paul at 60 still sing/write songs so well as he ever did since Beatle-era, as also playing well bass, piano or some other instruments!!! Now he is an experienced man and just because that, he must be better than he was younger... Well anyone that does WELL any job, becomes better and better getting older, am I wrong?? While he's doing his music, we the fans always will be admiring him, that's for sure!!

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 08/13/2002 19:03:06
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:26 am

It's a credit to Paul that he is still going strong like this - many of his contemporaries have fallen by the wayside - take Brian Wilson for example (although he had everybody going at the Jubilee concert! So he hasn't lost everything!)

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions