::Help!

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:50 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Why the reason the James Bond intro on Help! was included just on the U.S. release?? I ever wanted to know it...

Peace.


Yep, the Beatles were BIG Bond fans - they even had private screenings of the first few 007 movies at their homes as soon as the movies were released. Of course they didn't want to stay in line to watch them at a theatre - it would had been MURDER for them, they would obviously get sliced and bit to pieces or something of that sort by movie goers...[:D]
User avatar
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Brazil

Postby dsnito » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:17 am

I have a brazilian early 70s re-issue of Help! album and there is that intro, for goodness'sake the EMI-Odeon record company ever followed the U.S. releases...I know the Lads were a huge Bond-fans, a thing I wanna know is why that intro was included only on the U.S.release??

Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:59 am

Berkeleyan wrote:
Code: Select all
I think the vastly under-rated gem of a song in "HELP" is
"You're Gonna Lose That Girl". Brilliant Lennon vocals, full of malice, slyness and assertiveness, simple but witty lyrics, great piano background and percussion, nice little guitar solo....[]

Yeah that´s right also brilliant vokal from george and paul!
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:23 pm

I love the version on "WIngs over America" and " Unplugged" hear these versions, these sounds surprisingly better than the version on "Help". :wink:
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby dsnito » Sat May 01, 2004 11:04 pm

dsnito wrote:I have a brazilian early 70s re-issue of Help! album and there is that intro, for goodness'sake the EMI-Odeon record company ever followed the U.S. releases...I know the Lads were a huge Bond-fans, a thing I wanna know is why that intro was included only on the U.S.release??

Peace.


I told that the brazilian company EVER followed the U.S.releases but NOT ever...BOTR without "Helen Wheels" track(vinyl version) was released in Brazil(1974) as the UK release.
Last edited by dsnito on Sun May 02, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
User avatar
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 11:58 am
Location: Brazil

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 02, 2004 6:29 am

But it´s not on that band on the run album I´ve got. Only bonus track.
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby HeyJude » Mon May 03, 2004 3:57 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:But it´s not on that band on the run album I´ve got. Only bonus track.

That's what Nito's talkin about: it's on the US release, but not on the Uk one.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:14 am
Location: Hungary

Postby Steve-o » Mon May 03, 2004 4:01 pm

HeyJude wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:But it´s not on that band on the run album I´ve got. Only bonus track.

That's what Nito's talkin about: it's on the US release, but not on the Uk one.
CHOKE!!! Sometimes it's a struggle.......
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bluebird » Thu May 06, 2004 10:04 am

Steve-o wrote:
HeyJude wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:But it´s not on that band on the run album I´ve got. Only bonus track.

That's what Nito's talkin about: it's on the US release, but not on the Uk one.
CHOKE!!! Sometimes it's a struggle.......
DoubleChoke!!
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron