"Greatest Flix"

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:49 pm

I've always loved the video. I think it's hilarious. You also have to remember that it was filmed in 1980, just slightly before MTV. So the technology isn't world class. I think they probably did a good job with what they probably had to work with.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:50 pm

Yeah Ram, good point!!! That video was produced in 1980 before MTV, just for that I think was well done promo and those characters are hilarious indeed!!! We can see the Beatle-Paul shaking his head and yelling "woooo"s... that's great!!!

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/27/2002 07:42:54
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:20 pm

Yeah, the Beatle Paul is my favorite one.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:22 am

To get back on topic (a laughable concept, I know), any idea on whether a collection of the vids for his singles will ever be released?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:41 pm

He has said, just this past Spring, that one was in the planning stages. With everything going on for him, I would guess that we would be lucky to see it sometime in '03. I, for one, can't wait!

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:59 am

That makes two of us!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby young boy » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:37 pm

Hi everybody for the first time!
So, there are at least six great videos during last 5 years: Young Boy, The World Tonight, Little Willow, Beautiful Night, No Other Baby and Brown Eyed Handsome Man. I have seen all but LW and BN, and I can say they are really great. No Other Baby - perfect and tear-out.

So... and wonderful flixes like Hope of Deliverence, Off the Ground and C'mon People... 9 years ago.

I can agree with all of u that collection of Paul's videos is needed. I have seen Tug of War, Mull of Kintyre, Put it There, a little piece of This One, they all are wonderful, and i've got some pearls on the tape (pirat from cable, of course). But I have got pirat tape of Live At Cavern '99 too, and there are flixes of No Other Baby and Brown Eyed... included.

Maybe we can make a list of known and unknown Paul's flixies?
young boy

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:00 pm

Well I haven't seen any - oh yes I have, I've seen a little bit of Mull Of Kintyre, and Freedom. And I think that's it. Just thinking . . . oh yes, I've seen snippets of Ebony & Ivory. And that really is it.

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:09 pm

Well, my MACCA collection isn't a huge lot. I have pretty much all the albums, but no singles or rarities. I have the book "Many Years From Now", and also of course all The Beatles releases. I'm more content to allow things like rarities to fall into my hands at their own pace.

Liam OSM

Postby young boy » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:14 pm

yeah, good choise
Actually i've got Maccas Oobu Joobu cd releases 1-10 (each CD 45 min)at least and looking for others 11-16 and maybe more if there are. Can anybody help? I'm ready to pretty good change!
young boy

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos