maxim bashing paul

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby McCullochMcCartney » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:35 pm

Hi Ram1! Thanks, you're right. My friends don't know real music. They're too busy going to N* Sync concerts. They don't write their own songs or play instruments like Paul does.

All hail Paul McCartney and Jimmy McCulloch
McCullochMcCartney

Postby mcfan » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:57 pm

Those are the meanest things I've heard any onr say about that amazing wondeful man. I wrote a letter to the people there telling them how I feel. I wil never ever buy that magazine. I wonder if the person who wrote that has ears. And didn't just about every body smoke pot in the '60s? I love Paul and I don't care what anybody says I will always love him. You are the very best Paul.

Paul is the best.
mcfan

Postby MarthaMyDear » Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:13 am

I wrote to the Maxim people as well....they are just plain disgusting for even publishing that garbage. I sensed some bitterness toward John on the other page...what's up with that? I mean yea, even I admit that he was jealous of Paul, but I think in a way they were jealous of each other. Now don't go posting nasty messages in Paul's defense, because I would NEVER be mean about Paul, I love him too much....but I love John just as much. I hate to see any negativity anywhere about either one of them...in fact I hate to see it toward any of The Beatles. Even if I know its true. George Martin says on the Anthology tape that John was envious of Paul because Paul could write sing along songs(correct term?) better than he could....something about walking to a bar and hearing people singing Fool on the Hill rather than I Am The Walrus. I am too picky, I apologize. But I rather like Dear Yoko...haha, but I don't like Yoko herself *grumbles*.....I don't want to start any fights or anything...because I LOVE ALL of The Beatles....I am just really picky with stuff concerning them, lol.

KKQ
MarthaMyDear

Postby dakota » Sun May 12, 2002 12:16 am

quote:
Hey Brains. Yeah, they did jam. There's a bootleg called "A Toot And A Snore In '74". It has John and Paul jamming with Stevie Wonder and Harry Nilsson. Paul's on drums. It opens with John saying "you want a snort Steve? A toot? It's going around."
The line-up is (from the back of the cover): John Lennon - vocals, guitar Paul McCartney - vocals, drums Jesse Ed Davis - guitar Harry Nilsson - vocals Stevie Wonder - electric piano Bobby Keys - sax Malcolm Evans - tea May Pang - sympathy.

It's a pretty cool recording, though it's mainly the guys improvising.

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
dakota

Postby dakota » Sun May 12, 2002 12:20 am

I just thought of something weird regarding the "toot and snore" sessions. 4 of the 8 people that were present there are now dead.
John Lennon....Jesse Ed Davis....Harry Nilsson...and Mal Evans.
What a trip!
dakota

Postby shinestar » Sun May 12, 2002 1:55 am

I thought all the old stuff got hacked?????
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun May 12, 2002 2:48 am

They only got the stuff AFTER 4-21-02.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berle » Sun May 12, 2002 8:35 pm

Hey..It's Maxim...who reads the articles?
Berle

Postby stocktonwood » Mon May 27, 2002 11:16 pm

I read the "article" and I found it absolutely laugable. Who ever wrote it obviously doesn't know the first thing about Paul. Especially the stuff about Linda, that was uncalled for. I don't understand why people have to bash paul. They are so close minded. They just don't get how awesome Paul is. I mean he really is a genius. Besides, what do they think they are accomplishing by bashing him anyway? Do they think it makes people like him less? There is just no reason for it. Oh well.
stocktonwood

Postby Liam OSM » Tue May 28, 2002 4:21 am

My guess is that it's because Paul's success has f*** all to do with media hype. The Beatles' hype was by the fans, and the media had nothing to do with it. These journalists like to think that they are the ones who will make or break a star's career. What a load of bullsh*t! Paul got where he is by his own talents. If Paul was the dead one and John was still alive and recording, who reckons they'd be flaying John in much the same way nowadays? Typical f*cking journalist w*nkers! Pardon my French!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions