::Rubber Soul

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:58 am

Ya, actually I remember this interview, he said also that he hated " It´s only love".
Let´s went back to rubber soul here´s my characters. I love the sound on this album, it must be the best beatles album.

1. Drive my car 10
2. Norwegian 9
3. You won´t see me 8
4. Norwhere man 7
5. Think for yourself 8
6. The word 9
7. Michelle 10
8. What goes on 7
9. Girl 8
10. I´m looking through you 9
11. In my life 10
12. Wait 8
13. If I needed someone 7
14. Run for you life 8

this album have derserved 10/10 as an album!
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:07 am

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:this album have derserved 10/10 as an album!

Ah heck.... I'll change mine from a 9 to a 10 as well! :D
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:57 am

It´s my favorit album at the moment, really. Drive my car changes it better day after day.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:21 pm

:? Maybe it could have been better if "Run for your life" and " If I needed someone" wasn´t included, but I like John and Pauls three 50/50 songs: In my life, the word and Wait who was great work between their both. There have been discussed so many times who wrote "In my life" and I think It was Paul who wrote the tune and John the words.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Harry » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:42 pm

Great album. I think the arguments about who wrote what are pointless. Just accept that whoever sang the song probably wrote most of it.

Paul used to drive to John's house to write songs and that's what they did. To turn around and try and break it down to 60/40 or 70/30 is fruitless. It was a partnership, not a competition.
Harry

Postby Bluebird » Mon May 24, 2004 12:01 pm

Harry wrote:Great album. I think the arguments about who wrote what are pointless. Just accept that whoever sang the song probably wrote most of it.

Paul used to drive to John's house to write songs and that's what they did. To turn around and try and break it down to 60/40 or 70/30 is fruitless. It was a partnership, not a competition.
Beatles for sale and Rubber soul, show us (I think) that it not always was the man who sang who have written the most of it. See: Eight days a week, In my life, Every little thing, Day tripper ETC......
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon May 24, 2004 12:10 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:
Harry wrote:Great album. I think the arguments about who wrote what are pointless. Just accept that whoever sang the song probably wrote most of it.

Beatles for sale and Rubber soul, show us (I think) that it not always was the man who sang who have written the most of it. See: Eight days a week, In my life, Every little thing, Day tripper ETC......
Erm......I totally agree with Harry, and some of this info is a bit inaccurate.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon May 24, 2004 12:15 pm

Yes, but it wasn´t ALWAYS that the lead writer sang first, RIGHT? There´s a place for example. Paul get the high notes like the chorus in Ahard day´s night.... My opinion
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon May 24, 2004 12:57 pm

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:Yes, but it wasn´t ALWAYS that the lead writer sang first, RIGHT? There´s a place for example. Paul get the high notes like the chorus in Ahard day´s night.... My opinion
I'm saying that some of your info on who was the "lead writer" is inaccurate. My opinion.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums