A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:23 pm

Ram1 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:You mean the TRDCPRFL?

I think there's an early "U" missing somewhere. :twisted:

Hey! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :evil:
CHOKE...I know..u cant join that club until U R Turdy Years Old. :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:26 pm

Ram1 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:You mean the TRDCPRFL?

I think there's an early "U" missing somewhere. :twisted:

Hey! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :evil:
You should watch where you step, Stebix, you're in his marked territory and now he's growling! :twisted: :lol:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby theDingle » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:48 pm

Steve-o wrote:..u cant join that club until U R Turdy Years Old. :lol:
BUTTSCOOTCHOKE! Hey, I'm sure he's got a leg up on it! :lol:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:54 am

Berkeleyan wrote:I 'm not too keen on "Hello Goodbye" and I adore the lyrics to "All You Need is Love". I don't care for "Blue Jay Way", it's probably one George's worst tunes.

Disagree with this. Hello Goodbye is a classic (and so well done live by Macca right now),and Blue Jay Way is a hauntingly great song. The flanging effects suit it so well too. Siouxsie and the Banshees did a great version of this song on their 2002 Seven Year Itch tour.

My favourite song on Magical Mystery Tour is Baby You're a Rich Man...i give this album 9.5 out of 10, sure it's all cobbled together from various singles and EP's but the content itself is wall-to-wall The Beatles at their psychedelic best!
Last edited by kylestyle on Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylestyle

Postby theDingle » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:12 am

kylestyle wrote:My favourite song on Magical Mystery Tour is Baby You're a Rich Man...

Yes, it is brilliant. Love John's vocal. The Yellow Submarine Songtrack seems to have an improved mastering of it, IMO.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:12 pm

I think it´s one of the beatles album with most hits, like Hello Goodbye, strawberry fields, penny lane and all you need is love. Again excellent album from beatles. "Blue jay way" is for me the worstest song on the album. I like the melody of "Flying" who was written by Paul. Great work between Paul and John in " Baby you´re a rich man".
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:15 pm

kylestyle wrote:
Berkeleyan wrote:I 'm not too keen on "Hello Goodbye" and I adore the lyrics to "All You Need is Love". I don't care for "Blue Jay Way", it's probably one George's worst tunes.

Disagree with this. Hello Goodbye is a classic (and so well done live by Macca right now),and Blue Jay Way is a hauntingly great song. The flanging effects suit it so well too. Siouxsie and the Banshees did a great version of this song on their 2002 Seven Year Itch tour.

My favourite song on Magical Mystery Tour is Baby You're a Rich Man...i give this album 9.5 out of 10, sure it's all cobbled together from various singles and EP's but the content itself is wall-to-wall The Beatles at their psychedelic best!

"Hello Goodbye" has simple lyrics but nice melodic lines. I love George's guitar accompaniment on that...brings me good memories since I heard that for the first time when I was just a child...
Hahaha Berks... :lol: I bet that when you hear "Blue Jay Way", when George start to sing "Please Don't Be Long, Please Don't You Be Very Long, 'cos I May Be Asleep..." but you end up to sleep deeply... :lol: I don't think that's too bad for the enigmatic atmosphere of that song but I admit that's a bit boring... :lol: :lol:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums