heather mills

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

heather mills

Postby shinestar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:31 pm

Well, since we lost everything again, I'm just gonna pick up where I left off and try to post my last post again.

I agreed with Ram that it's surprising she's shocked after being with him 3 years. Did she think marriage would change things? Very naive of her and she's not normally a naive person. Linda had the right idea: in public she always had her arm through his, like He's MINE! which I always got a huge kick out of. I used to call them "the human chain" lol. Good for her! I think that sent a definite message to his more obsessive fans. Some people never grow up!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

heather mills

Postby shinestar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:31 pm

Well, since we lost everything again, I'm just gonna pick up where I left off and try to post my last post again.

I agreed with Ram that it's surprising she's shocked after being with him 3 years. Did she think marriage would change things? Very naive of her and she's not normally a naive person. Linda had the right idea: in public she always had her arm through his, like He's MINE! which I always got a huge kick out of. I used to call them "the human chain" lol. Good for her! I think that sent a definite message to his more obsessive fans. Some people never grow up!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:19 am

We should check the dates before posting. THIS is the latest one. What I left out of my last post on THIS topic was something my coworkers and I found very amusing which is that she said they're together six days a week. So what do they do on the 7th? Retire to different parts of the house and meditate? LOL LOL LOL It just sounded funny! :))))
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:38 am

Steve, I don't agree that this is his best music in years. I much prefer Flaming Pie.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:54 am

I agree with Steve. I too believe this is Paul's BEST music in years. Lonely Road, FALTAF, I Do, Magic, About You, Heather, Back in the Sunshine Again, I could go on and on. Driving Rain is just amazing. And almost all inspired by his love for Heather. And Rinse the Raindrops, wow, this song leaves me speechless every time I hear it. The bass grooves, the riffs, and just the overall energy of this song blows me away with every listen. An epic. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Flaming Pie, (in fact I've said this about 100 times already), but it has NOWHERE NEAR the energy and the force of Driving Rain. If Driving Rain doesn't make you feel like you've just been slammed with a fireball of Macca energy, then you must be half-dead inside. I was listening to DR before falling asleep last night, and I finally came to this conclusion...Driving Rain is the best solo album Paul McCartney has ever written. Like Steve, this is the ONLY Macca record that has never gotten old to me after 9 months of it being released. On the contrary, this album is actually CONTINUING to grow on me, even after all this time. Every time I listen to DR, I discover something else, a new gem. Songs like Magic that I didn't particularly care for at first, are now among my favorites. Paul has definitely struck gold with Driving Rain. Although we have no idea what Paul may release in the future, if it's any better than Driving Rain, I will be in awe.

Life's too short to spend it lonely, you only throw it away...
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:44 pm

Great post, Ram----I agree with every single word.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:18 pm

Magic is about Linda. I really like James' guitar playing on this album.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:24 pm

Of course FALTAF is about Linda too. But either way, this album rocks.

Life's too short to spend it lonely, you only throw it away...
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:10 am

quote:
Of course FALTAF is about Linda too.

Well, it's TOO Linda, but about Heather, if you think about it - "let me love again" . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:30 pm

Yes, Liam---I think he looks back and looks forward on alot of the tracks on that fine, fine album. Great heartfelt stuff. And it shows in his vocal delivery throughout the album.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions