Custom-Compilation Man is BACK!

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:36 pm

It's really a good surprise having you back Liam, after a long time as I already said on the Welcome thread... I can see that you've got into the compilations...good!!! Don't ya think though it's easier just skipping few Paul's songs to do a compilation in 2 CDs at least than trying to select from all of his Beatle or even from solo works?? I meant that MOST of his songs are essential, at least for me... :lol:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:26 am

Heyas . . .

OK, I've adjusted the compilation - as in, redone it (twice). The third take on it - hopefully final - weighs in at 79.56 - on an "80min" CD that has a technical maximum of 79.57.

I replaced "Getting Better" with "She's Leaving Home", and swapped the order of a couple of tracks, to give finally:

1. I Saw Her Standing There
2. All My Loving
3. Things We Said Today
4. Can't Buy Me Love
5. I'll Follow The Sun
6. Yesterday
7. The Night Before
8. I've Just Seen A Face
9. Michelle
10. Drive My Car
11. We Can Work It Out
12. Paperback Writer
13. Eleanor Rigby
14. Here, There & Everywhere
15. Got To Get You Into My Life
16. Penny Lane
17. When I'm Sixty-Four
18. She's Leaving Home
19. The Fool On The Hill
20. Lady Madonna
21. Back In The USSR
22. Blackbird
23. Hey Jude
24. Oh! Darling
25. Get Back
26. The Long & Winding Road
27. Two Of Us (naked version)
28. Let It Be (original album version)

This encompasses something from EVERY album they released when they were together. An impressive stat.

Actually, I tried this compilation at first, and it was two seconds two long, so I used the single version of Let It Be, and then after, realised I could use the Red Album copy of Yesterday, which, being the last track on its respective disc, didn't have that extra 2sec gap. So I put that on, and with the album version of LIB, voila! One CD full to overflowing with Paul's Beatles classics.

And as for the "should use 2cds" - well, this is just meant to be a selection of his very best material, comparing Paul to Paul, not to anybody else. If that's why I sometimes sounded a little harsh on Paul and The Beatles, then so be it - compare it to itself, and you'll be more objective. It doesn't mean you'll like it any less.

This way, I have 1cd jampacked with all Paul's best Beatles songs!
Anybody who goes to see a psychiatrist needs their head examining.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:29 am

Heyas . . .

OK, I've adjusted the compilation - as in, redone it (twice). The third take on it - hopefully final - weighs in at 79.56 - on an "80min" CD that has a technical maximum of 79.57.

I replaced "Getting Better" with "She's Leaving Home", and swapped the order of a couple of tracks, to give finally:

1. I Saw Her Standing There
2. All My Loving
3. Things We Said Today
4. Can't Buy Me Love
5. I'll Follow The Sun
6. Yesterday
7. The Night Before
8. I've Just Seen A Face
9. Michelle
10. Drive My Car
11. We Can Work It Out
12. Paperback Writer
13. Eleanor Rigby
14. Here, There & Everywhere
15. Got To Get You Into My Life
16. Penny Lane
17. When I'm Sixty-Four
18. She's Leaving Home
19. The Fool On The Hill
20. Lady Madonna
21. Back In The USSR
22. Blackbird
23. Hey Jude
24. Oh! Darling
25. Get Back
26. The Long & Winding Road
27. Two Of Us (naked version)
28. Let It Be (original album version)

This encompasses something from EVERY album they released when they were together. An impressive stat.

Actually, I tried this compilation at first, and it was two seconds two long, so I used the single version of Let It Be, and then after, realised I could use the Red Album copy of Yesterday, which, being the last track on its respective disc, didn't have that extra 2sec gap. So I put that on, and with the album version of LIB, voila! One CD full to overflowing with Paul's Beatles classics.

And as for the "should use 2cds" - well, this is just meant to be a selection of his very best material, comparing Paul to Paul, not to anybody else. If that's why I sometimes sounded a little harsh on Paul and The Beatles, then so be it - compare it to itself, and you'll be more objective. It doesn't mean you'll like it any less.

This way, I have 1cd jampacked with all Paul's best Beatles songs!
Liam OSM

Postby Bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:21 am

I think it´s difficult to choice, but I´m very agree with you, maybe I´ve added these 4

What about:
For no one
Love me do
Eight days a week ( John Vokal)
Every little thing
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:44 pm

Liam OSM wrote:
The third take on it - hopefully final - weighs in at 79.56 - on an "80min" CD that has a technical maximum of 79.57.

CHOKE!! Mr. Statistics is BACK! :mrgreen:
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:29 am

Cheers for that, Rammie my boy!

And, "Biggest Paul Fan", I did actually have "For No One" on the original list, but had to cut it for time. The compilation weighs in at ONE SECOND under the CD's maximum time! The other three, well, they never made the running.

Moreover, I listened to that compilation yesterday afternoon - and it is the best Beatles CD I have ever listened to. Every track just fitted in perfectly. All of you with CD-burners, get out there and make this compilation! You won't be disappointed! Don't argue about "I think you should have this track instead of that one" - just do it! I was pleasantly surprised myself!
Liam OSM

Postby Bluebird » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:32 am

I think you should need to disc :) 160 minutes is a bit better, right?

Then you also could get songs like " You won´t see me" and "The night before".
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:34 am

I mean "Birthday" and not "The night before". sorry? :)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:20 am

Well, of course it's entirely subjective. I realise that. There were a fair few songs that were cut for time.

But my point now is - this final draft compilation that I have put together is absolutely perfect, everything fits together seamlessly. If someone can create a better one, I'd like to hear it! And I'm not being big-headed here. I didn't set out to create the ultimate compilation of Paul's Beatles high points - well, all right, I did. But I didn't expect to get it this good! That's my point!
Liam OSM

Postby Bluebird » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:09 am

Liam OSM wrote:But my point now is - this final draft compilation that I have put together is absolutely perfect, everything fits together seamlessly. If someone can create a better one, I'd like to hear it! And I'm not being big-headed here. I didn't set out to create the ultimate compilation of Paul's Beatles high points - well, all right, I did. But I didn't expect to get it this good! That's my point!

Yes it´s difficult to make a better list, but I think certanly "Love me do" must be there.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle