Are the Beatles an "intentional" anomaly of Nature

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Grillo » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:19 pm

We know for sure Mr Scifus is taking over the world...We see it everyday, in every session at least.
But the Scifa-Punchs are not in vain.....it´s KNOWLEDGE in the end
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Are the Beatles an "intentional" anomaly of Na

Postby theDingle » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:03 pm

pankrro wrote:The thing is that i think the Beatles are a "lie". I mean, it´s obvious that Nature or God or whatever took 4 guys and did what "IT" had to do...
I mean, come on... it´s too strange the whole thing, the music, the stories around them, too great everything, it´s all like a perfect sci-fi movie, but even better... dont you think there is/was something a bit... strange going on?
I agree, I think THEY WERE AN ACTUAL CONSPIRACY DESIGNED TO ANDROGINIZE YOUTH AS WELL AS PREOCCUPY THEM WITH BASE AND VULGAR URGES!!!!! :evil:

Nah.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Truth is stranger than fiction." :shock:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Re: Are the Beatles an "intentional" anomaly of Na

Postby Maestri09 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:38 pm

theDingle wrote:
pankrro wrote:The thing is that i think the Beatles are a "lie". I mean, it´s obvious that Nature or God or whatever took 4 guys and did what "IT" had to do...
I mean, come on... it´s too strange the whole thing, the music, the stories around them, too great everything, it´s all like a perfect sci-fi movie, but even better... dont you think there is/was something a bit... strange going on?
I agree, I think THEY WERE AN ACTUAL CONSPIRACY DESIGNED TO ANDROGINIZE YOUTH AS WELL AS PREOCCUPY THEM WITH BASE AND VULGAR URGES!!!!! :evil:

Nah.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Truth is stranger than fiction." :shock:

The beatles are not a "lie" and not a conspiracy. but there definitely was an element of chance for the beatles to succeed and the whole phenomenon that ensued. They were definitely in the right place and the right time. The times called for a musical movement to symbolize, internalize the drastic changes that happened in the post WW2 era. One could say, the beatles were the "chosen ones".
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:48 pm

They also greatly benefitted by the post-JKF Assassination funk-ridden US looking for some ray of light to lead us out of that depressing winter. I am not for one second saying that they would not have been huge here anyway...I'm just saying that the timing was perfect for them to come along when they did. We embraced them with open arms. People forget that earlier singles didn't do well over here....no real exposure (Ed Sullibvan) and minor labor support were the biggest culprits. But part of it was timing......
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:14 pm

I agree on the Kennedy thing and the timing thing, those surely were factors. Also, taking the approach that there was nothing sublime about it whatsoever, I heard an interview where Paul attempted to explain it all in a few points:
    They had polished their act, developing their sound in Hamburg by performing 8 hour shows.

They had made all their mistakes in private (George also says they had already written their bad songs) .

They had taken all the American rock/rhythm&blues influences, distilled them, put their own spin on them and served it back to America.

It was very different in that it was very British and very new. The Americans totally went for it.

I think the hair and boots (not to mention their good looks) fits somewhere in the first and last points.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby theDingle » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:20 pm

Oops, forgot one point, but one most fans know. Paul also said they had determined NOT to go to America until they had a #1 hit.

Now, I've heard that they were in France when the song hit #1 in the US, and WERE ALREADY SIGNED to play the Ed Sullivan Show.
    :?
    Go figure.

Guess they saw the handwriting on the wall.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:23 pm

Oh yeah...the whole look was great..that's just it with the earlier releases that didnt sell here in the US: We didn't get to see them in motion...that was HUGE. Pics didnt do them justice, really. Seeing them on the tube was what gave them the exposure and I fell hard the music and the "cool" factor immediately. Lots of parents (my Mom, who was 30 at the time loved macca from the get go...."Til there was You" sealed it, lol.---b ut E would always remain #1 to her) got into them as well.....timing is everything.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:34 pm

Steve-o wrote:Oh yeah...the whole look was great..that's just it with the earlier releases that didnt sell here in the US: We didn't get to see them in motion...that was HUGE. Pics didnt do them justice, really. Seeing them on the tube was what gave them the exposure and I fell hard for the music and the "cool" factor immediately.
WAD, the show itself was the crushing blow.

I also think all the Beatles were really too self-concious or modest to admit that they were dripping with charisma.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions