Sound of one hand clapping

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Sound of one hand clapping

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:05 pm

The video for this was made in 1974 with the Wings line up featuring Geoff Briton - Awesome versions of Maybe i'm amazed and jet i have heard on bootleg from the session that brought us Junior's farm.

Never seen it. Has anybody heard the soundtrack or seen the video?
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Len » Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:06 pm

I saw the video years ago at a Beatles Fan Club meet here in Holland. It was awesome, especially the part where they rehearsed Junior's Farm. I haven't been able to get a copy of it myself though, which I regret to this day.

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:27 pm

Yeah, man. For me personally, I'd rather have Paul put out a series of rare videos than release a b-sides/rarities cd. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd snatch up a b-sides/rarities cd anyday. But I think the rarest of the rare are these videos that need to come to the surface!!

Listen to the song they sing, awakening....
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:34 pm

Speaking of which, this is something that I've been thinking about for a long time. Can you imagine just how much rare stuff is out there? I mean, really think about it. I'm sure Paul has hundreds of hours of home tapes in his personal collection. Think about the stoner in 1972 who taped a Wings show. Or the apple scruff who took pictures of Macca as he entered Apple everyday. Or the young lad in 1961 who got autographs from The Beatles in Liverpool, and now has them buried in his attic somewhere under a pile of old clothes. Or even the BOTR session tapes that were stolen by those thugs in Lagos. (Although those idiots probably threw them away.) My point is, there is TONS of stuff out there, man!! Tons of stuff that even the most serious collectors don't know about!!I think it's just amazing. Or maybe it's just me.

Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:44 pm

Steve--exactly. I thought the exact same thing. I thought about JL too. It's sad to think that the rarest of the rare stuff won't come out until Macca's gone. I'm with you, let's see it now!! Stop this waiting until people are dead stuff. Celebrate the rare finds while the great legends are still alive!!

Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:51 pm

Absolutely---We never see the good stuff until it's too late.
Case in point:
I was watching some obscure cable thing the other night, and the lost Liberace tapes came on. I was amazed at how good this dude was at baseball. As a youngster, could hit a fastball a country mile, run the bases with Mays-like speed, and cover the Hot Corner, like only Brooks and Cal could even dream of. But alas..the prejudices of the 50's conspired to keep the tinkling one from appearing between the white lines. A demanding stage Mother and Little League Father further soiled his love for the game. He opted for the ivories and fame...but...If only we had all been able to view these rare tapes when he was alive, we could have given him the props the he so richly deserved.

I think I do need some serious help..... :)

Straight to the center of everything right....

Edited by - stevew628 on 08/09/2002 15:52:54
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:54 pm

WOW, Steve. Are you serious? Liberace? An ace ballplayer?? I had no idea. That's awesome.

Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:57 pm

No man---I really WAS kidding--thus the comment about me needing some help. Sorry about that....

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:58 pm

But man--it was fun to finally trick you on something!! You are difficult to fool!!! Ermmm...I did fool you, right? LOL

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:02 pm

Crap, Steve!! You finally got me!! LOL You got me good, man. LOL

Ram1

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos