Custom Compilation Man is BACK!

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:53 pm

You and Liam will have some good discussions, Dingle. Both even handed and gentlemanly....Liam does add some much needed Brit Wit to the forum and I'm glad he's back.....
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Ram1 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:40 pm

Steve-o wrote:You and Liam will have some good discussions, Dingle. Both even handed and gentlemanly....Liam does add some much needed Brit Wit to the forum and I'm glad he's back.....


Totally WAD, big brother. Erm....

Yeah, Ding, you'll love conversing with Liam. I think this is a perfect match. Like Steve said, you guys will have some good discussions, for sure.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby theDingle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:43 pm

I think so too, Mod Brothers, I've read a bunch of his posts, he's an interesting dude. 8)
not shmingking of gin
User avatar
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: USA

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:53 pm

Everytime I read the title to thread I think of Crosby-nash..Immigration man, lol..

Wont you let us in....
Compilation Man.
You have nearly 5K posts
And we miss your witty boasts..

Let me in...
Compilation man
I know you like 10CC
Wont you play something for me?

Glad U R back Liam-San!! :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby theDingle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:16 pm

Steve-o wrote:Wont you let us in....
Compilation Man.
You have nearly 5K posts
And we miss your witty boasts..

Let me in...
Compilation man
I know you like 10CC
Wont you play something for me?

Glad U R back Liam-San!! :lol:
LADYLIBERTYCHOKE!
not shmingking of gin
User avatar
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: USA

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:53 am

Well, "Brothers", here's my take on it. I've not found time yet to listen to this comp, but:

Anna - the bridge is great (the verses are a little dull, though), but the song is not eligible because John didn't write it.
Yes It Is - yes it is boring. I can't stand it.

Other stuff - well, it's all personal taste, really, and as I said elsewhere, I've done these comps for my own enjoyment, not other people's. And I have managed to include something from every album. Although the solo compilations I've done don't quite stretch to that. On the Paul 1980-2001 one, there's nothing from Pipes Of Peace, and the Lennon solo one has nothing from "Sometime In New York City".

The solo one goes something like this (again awaiting verification) - mind you, the order is probably wrong:

Cold Turkey
Instant Karma
Working Class Hero
God
Love
Imagine
Jealous Guy
How
Mind Games
I Know (I Know)
Whatever Gets You Through The Night
#9 Dream
Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)
(Just Like) Starting Over
Woman
Beautiful Boy
Watching The Wheels
I'm Steppin' Out
Nobody Told Me
Borrowed Time
Anybody who goes to see a psychiatrist needs their head examining.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Ram1 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:40 pm

Liam OSM wrote:Well, "Brothers", here's my take on it. I've not found time yet to listen to this comp, but:

Anna - the bridge is great (the verses are a little dull, though), but the song is not eligible because John didn't write it.
Yes It Is - yes it is boring. I can't stand it.

Other stuff - well, it's all personal taste, really, and as I said elsewhere, I've done these comps for my own enjoyment, not other people's. And I have managed to include something from every album. Although the solo compilations I've done don't quite stretch to that. On the Paul 1980-2001 one, there's nothing from Pipes Of Peace, and the Lennon solo one has nothing from "Sometime In New York City".

The solo one goes something like this (again awaiting verification) - mind you, the order is probably wrong:

Cold Turkey
Instant Karma
Working Class Hero
God
Love
Imagine
Jealous Guy
How
Mind Games
I Know (I Know)
Whatever Gets You Through The Night
#9 Dream
Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)
(Just Like) Starting Over
Woman
Beautiful Boy
Watching The Wheels
I'm Steppin' Out
Nobody Told Me
Borrowed Time


Pretty nice. But, am I the ONLY Forum member who likes SINYC????
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby theDingle » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:12 pm

Liam OSM wrote:Yes It Is - yes it is boring. I can't stand it.


Huh? Blue Jay Way maybe, but YII? Stevinks, Raminks, you said conversing with Liam would be interesting, lol! :?

Liam, YII--while a B-side to be sure---IS--(even simply on a theoretical basis, with those trademark complex Beatle harmonies)--A BEAUTY. But then, this is your compilation (*snicker*--~ahem, excuse me), not mine. Party on. :P
not shmingking of gin
User avatar
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:32 pm
Location: USA

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:26 pm

Ram1 wrote: But, am I the ONLY Forum member who likes SINYC????

No, you're NOT.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
User avatar
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 8:16 pm
Location: Far Far Away

Postby Ram1 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:38 pm

theDingle wrote:
Liam OSM wrote:Yes It Is - yes it is boring. I can't stand it.


Huh? Blue Jay Way maybe, but YII?


I actually disagree with BOTH of you. LOL. I think YII and Blue Jay Way are BOTH great songs!!
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests