::Revolver

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:18 am

This is the greatest album EVER made and it only goes for about 35 minutes. An amazing feat this album was.
Harry

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:56 pm

Here There and Everywhere---one of my top 5 macca Beatles tunes. Simply beautiful.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
Here There and Everywhere---one of my top 5 macca Beatles tunes. Simply beautiful.

So beautiful that was one of my wedding day soundtrack beyond "Yesterday", "The Long and Winding Road" and Paul's solo "Ebony and Ivory"...[:)]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
quote:Originally posted by Steve-o

So beautiful that was one of my wedding day soundtrack beyond "Yesterday", "The Long and Winding Road" and Paul's solo "Ebony and Ivory"...[:)]

Peace.
AWESOME, NITO!!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:25 pm

My older brother's long-haired church camp buddy, Rick, spent a week with us in August of '66, and he brought along his REVOLVER album. It was on the turntable just about non-stop all that week, and continued to be after we got our own copy as soon as Rick went back home.

We had gotten the YESTERDAY AND TODAY album a month before, which was naturally a wierd compilation of random cuts from the UK's HELP/RUBBER SOUL/REVOLVER albums. The Beats renegotiated their contract after REVOLVER so that both the UK/US releases would be identical. I'm Only Sleeping, And Your Bird Can Sing (killer guitar), and Dr. Robert are my absolute Lennon faves.

Great range, variety and ideas on REVOLVER. A comment or two (we all know it's an obvious classic): Taxman's intro of studio noises was such a fitting start---made you feel like you were right there. In the last few years She Said, She Said has sunk its talons into me again---that guitar intro, Lordy!, and the guitar throughout it, just clobbers me.

It gets redundant to say any more--just playing it and digging it says it all!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:04 pm

That´s one of the beatles top 3. Fantastic album. Great work from both George, John and Paul
:? :? :? :? .............Yeah I have to say Ringo also! :P
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:52 pm

I think the concept of "Pepper" had more to do with the albums being the same UK/US after Revolver. The lyrics printed on an album for the first time, etc. The reason I say this is that the UK got an EP of MMT, while we got MMT with the singles from 1967 included as well. We also got the album "Beatles Again" or "Hey Jude", depending on when you bought it. Mine says HJ on the spine and BA on the record, so go figure. Again, that wasn't a UK album--US. (I think!). So the Lords of Capitol were still at work squeezing every last $$ out of the boys when possible, lol.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:53 pm

Steve-o wrote: So the Lords of Capitol were still at work squeezing every last $$ out of the boys when possible, lol.
WAD, WAD, WAD Steverz, those bastijez always gotta have their pound of flesh. I forgot about MMT, that certainly was a different format. The US got the extra cuts that time, albeit prior released 45s.

But I know that I read somewhere that there was a renegotiation after REVOLVER that involved NOT cutting songs off the US versions, that kind of thing pissed the Beatles off. Perhaps the contract held only if it were a bona fide album of all new songs.

Interesting inconsistency on your HJ/BA album, maybe you got a rare one. I do believe you're right, it was only released in the US.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:24 pm

Yeah, Dingly-Doo.....I'm sure there was something about excluding songs after Revolver. I'm not sure about the rarity of that BA/HJ album. A buddy of mine had the same thing...of course, we both bought them at the old Gold Circle store down the street...maybe their dist. got a bad batch, lol.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:16 am

I think mainly that Paul was the leader for the group after Revolver, maybe even before. His work on Revolver is amazing. Rigby, Here there, and got to get you into my life. George showed us also what a great writer he was.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums