THAT bass

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:45 am

You must have a GOOD Hofner then, Brains, LOL. Because the sound on mine was awful. Too "twangy." And I've heard others complain about the Hofners as well. I guess it all depends on the sound you like and are comfortable with. But it LOOKED cool. Thanks for the clarification about the Wal bass. I knew if it were a Rick, that it definitely looked different from any Rick I'd ever seen. And yes, I wish he'd go back to the Rick too. The sound is awesome and he plays it so well. Just watching Rockshow, that bass steals the show.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:41 pm

Oh I've got to see Rock Show. I've seen small snippets of it in Wingspan and other tv shows, but never the whole thing. Is it an entire show? Got to be good.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:34 pm

Yeah, it's an entire show. Start to finish. AMAZING.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:42 pm

I must have a different version of Rockshow. It has 20 songs on it, and Macca did 28 or so during the 1976 tour. Do I have one that is short about 8 songs? It is a show from Seattle, I think.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:10 am

Steve, yeah you have the right Rockshow. Maybe it IS edited? It sure doesn't seem like it. But yeah, on WOA, there are definitely more songs. And Paul played songs like Blackbird and Lady Madonna during that tour that were not shown on Rockshow. I don't know. Anybody know?
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:42 am

Ram1-I wasn't sure--I got it thru a trade and mine was an excellent copy made from a laserdisc, so I thought it might be shorter than a VHS version. It's still a grat show, however, and SO much better than "Get Back", with it's out of synch crowd visuals and AUDIO sound bites--like we really want to hear them sing!.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:33 am

We have ever seen him playing Höf or Ricken basses but did anybody see Macca playing upright bass anytime, like those of early 50s bands??? Just for curiosity...

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/29/2002 19:48:06
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:53 am

Steve--Yeah, 'Get Back' SUCKS compared to Rockshow. I think it's mainly because Rockshow is just like a straight concert, and Get Back is so...well..."artificial" or something. (Sorry, just got up and I'm lacking for better words right now.) Like you said, with the audio bytes and out of sync music and stuff.

Dsnito--Personally, I've never seen Paul play an upright.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:36 pm

Only saw him play around with it at his home studio in the special "The World Tonight". He was "playing" the upright that belongs to one of the guys who backed up Elvis, I think. He looked pretty natural at it---but let's face it. The guy could learn to do most anything musically if he tried. I think he's from another planet, he's so freaking talented!!

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:39 pm

Oh yeah, Steve. I think I do remembering seeing that now in The World Tonight special. I agree, Paul McCartney could become proficient at playing the guitar with his toes if he wanted to. I truly do think he was shipped here from Pluto.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions