emmit rhodes

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

emmit rhodes

Postby wesbeat » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:00 am

recorded a song(playing all instruments) that you would swear was early mccartney as a solo.----"somebody made for me". a must download for mccartney fans.
Warren S.
wesbeat

Postby theDingle » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:02 pm

I agree, wesley--some criticized him when he first debuted around '70 for being too McCartney-esque and bubblegummy, but I thought he nailed Macca pretty dang good.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:13 pm

I've never heard this song.....I'll have to see if I can find it. Thanks for the tip!
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:44 pm

He had a 4 album career. Somebody Made For Me was off his 2nd and really, his best album, simply titled Emmitt Rhodes. It had other stuff on it too that sounded quite Beatle-y. He exploited and was somewhat successful with that kind of sound at a time when Beatlefreaks were mourning the break-up.

I had all of his stuff at one time, but the 2nd one is the only one I have now, on vinyl. The 3rd one, MIRROR, was also pretty good. I've seen it on ebaY as a CD, always seems to be a bidding war. He ran out of steam by '73 or so with his 4th album, SHOOT THE MOON. He messed with his formula, it didn't sound like anyone but himself, and it just didn't fly.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:54 pm

Good stuff, Dingle. I remember the name, but just can't place the song. I'm sure it will sound familiar after I find it and give it a listen.
Last edited by Steve-o on Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:19 pm

The Steve-o has a deja vu moment, lol!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:21 pm

theDingle wrote:The Steve-o has a deja vu moment, lol!
CHOKE!!! I hit the quote instead of edit, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:49 pm

Perhaps you should ebaY some of CD-R bootlegs for corrective thumb surgery funds, Sir! :P

Postby theDingle » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:Perhaps you should ebaY some of CD-R bootlegs for corrective thumb surgery funds, Sir! :P
Oops! Got bumped off the Internet/logged out again!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:58 pm

theDingle wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Perhaps you should ebaY some of CD-R bootlegs for corrective thumb surgery funds, Sir! :P
Oops! Got bumped off the Internet/logged out again!
Maybe I shall!! There is a few shops i like to go to around these parts that have alot of odd-older stuff in vinyl. I have not been to visit in a while, so i may truck up there this week and see if i can find...and actually, the thumb thing CAN be fixed...I just don't want a pin in my thumb. Airport security and all that. :lol:
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions