CONCERT GOERS YOU CAN'T STAND THE MOST

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:40 am

Paul McCartney Concert. April 24, 2002. Washington, DC...

The people who looked around dumbfounded when Macca started playing Driving Rain material.

The people who looked around dumbfounded when Macca played C Moon.

The dead people seated near me who were afraid to even stand up out of their seats.

The people who only cheered for Can't Buy Me Love.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:40 am

Paul McCartney Concert. April 24, 2002. Washington, DC...

The people who looked around dumbfounded when Macca started playing Driving Rain material.

The people who looked around dumbfounded when Macca played C Moon.

The dead people seated near me who were afraid to even stand up out of their seats.

The people who only cheered for Can't Buy Me Love.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:51 am

The ones that went to get a beer when he did Your Loving Flame

The guy who thought CMOON was a totally new song, but still hated it

The WASP lady who didn't like "get" the story behind Blackbird

The couple who jumped up for "I Saw her Standing there" and looked bored throughout the rest of the concert.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:55 am

quote:The WASP lady who didn't like "get" the story behind Blackbird

Unbelievable. Um, hey lady, Paul explained it and it was pretty straight forward. People never cease to amaze me.

Oh, I totally forgot about the couple that was seated right next to me whom I think left right after the MAIN set. Guess they didn't like encores.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:02 am

Without a doubt, the most annoying was a 40-ish lady who was actaully talking to her daughter on a cell phone and said the following during the growling end to "Lonely Road". "What--I can't hear you--yes it's one of those NEW ones---I have no idea but it's too loud". I shot her one of my "shut the hell up" looks, and she shut up. At least she quit talking to me.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:12 am

Wow. Unbelievable.

Speaking of the NEW songs, and even classics like C Moon, for some odd reason people didn't really cheer at the beginning of My Love or Maybe I'm Amazed either. That still puzzles me to this day. Especially Maybe I'm Amazed. Probably Macca's most famous and recognizable single ever, and people were just looking like "Duh?" I don't get it. During some parts of the show, (especially Hey Jude sing-a-long), the DC crowd was awesome! And other times, they were dead as doornails. I felt like strapping them down and injecting them with speed.

(*Stay away from speed kids. Drugs are bad. Uncle Ram is just trying to convey his disgust through the use of metaphors and other nonsensical ramblings. Speed kills! End of PSA.)
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:16 am

Good post Ram....MOST of the folks around me were pretty cool, but, for the most part, they were turned off the DR stuff, probably because they hadn't heard any of it. I know it's impossible, but I'd love to have them ask every ticket buyer if they own DR--if not, sorry, no ticket :). Seriously--I'd bet that most of them did not own that fine fine recording.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:23 am

I hear ya, man. I felt the same way. I was thinking, "Do any of these people even OWN Driving Rain??" My guess is that probably about 7/10 of them didn't. Yes, 7 out of 10. Maybe even 8!! I know I've said this a million times, but it just IRRITATED me when they started playing Lonely Road or Driving Rain, and you'd hear about 5 people out of the 17,000 or whatever, applaud. (Me being one of them of course.) And when Paul started the intro to Your Loving Flame....total silence. "C'mon People!!!" Buy the dude's latest record if you're gonna see him in concert!!! ARRGGHH!!
Ram1

Postby karly » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:19 pm

ok I had two of the most drunkest most OBNOXIOUS white trash men right next to me. They sang almost every song at the top of their lungs....I paid to hear paul, not a couple drunken baffons. They left during a song and came back with 2 beers EACH singing ...and talk abou pee breaks! sheesh!

then the girls behind me complaining about the opening act.... RELAX people...

I believe in me
karly

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:53 pm

GEEZ, this actually has McCartney content and does not belong in this topic. How else can I saw it, do I have to spell it out,
A B C D
Can you all take a listen to me
D F G H I J
I want you to

Seriously though this topic belong in the Driving Rain tour topic. Don't make me have to start mass deleting. Comon People !
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC