Old Brown Shoe Bass

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Old Brown Shoe Bass

Postby Grillo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:26 pm

Any reliable source confirming Macca plays bass here?
I read many times George saying he played it, but his memory seems to fail most of the times [:D]
User avatar
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Argentina

Postby Steve-o » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:10 pm

Lewisohn states clearly on page 173 of his recording sessions book that "The song's highly distinctive and impressive bass sound was actuallly a fine combination of matching lead guitar and bass guitar notes played by George and Paul (respectively).
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:15 am

Well thanx a lot Stevo
Guest
 

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:10 am

Although the basspart WAS played by paul, it was probobly written by George since the bass part is very noticable on Georges own Demoversion (Anthologhy 3).
I don´t think the other Beatles played on the demo.
User avatar
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Grillo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:12 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:Although the basspart WAS played by paul, it was probobly written by George since the bass part is very noticable on Georges own Demoversion (Anthologhy 3).
I don´t think the other Beatles played on the demo.


Exact. That´s what i was talkin about, the demo...
God is in everything. God is in the space between us. God is in the table in front of you
User avatar
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Old Brown Shoe Bass

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:11 pm

Grillo wrote:Any reliable source confirming Macca plays bass here?
I read many times George saying he played it, but his memory seems to fail most of the times [:D]


Grills..does this look like you meant demo? CHOKE!! Anyway, the same book also clearly states the GH did the demo by hinself, but without any drums.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:36 pm

as we can all hear on the album.. there were no drums.. :wink:
User avatar
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:50 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:as we can all hear on the album.. there were no drums.. :wink:
I have not heard the song in probably 15 years, as the past masters v2 stuff gets ignored by me, unfairly. I dont know if the final version has drums or not, but the book said the demo did not. Thank You SIR. :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:00 pm

you´re right. the demo does not contain drums but the Beatleversion does. Too bad that you ignore past master vol 2. Such a great collection.
User avatar
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:44 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Arentu » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:16 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:you´re right. the demo does not contain drums but the Beatleversion does. Too bad that you ignore past master vol 2. Such a great collection.

you can't buy this anymore, can you??? :?:
Arentu
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:25 pm

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests