Last studio work w/ Paul at hand ?

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:40 am

I recall that in March 1999 George made a statement about requesting some help from Paul in the studio. George said something to the tune of " I know he´s had a few hits" and " Yes, Paul is going to give a hand in the studio...". Does anybody know whether or not it really happened ? I have the feeling that, assumed that Paul helped out on some tracks, they were eventually left off "Brainwashed".
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:40 am

I recall that in March 1999 George made a statement about requesting some help from Paul in the studio. George said something to the tune of " I know he´s had a few hits" and " Yes, Paul is going to give a hand in the studio...". Does anybody know whether or not it really happened ? I have the feeling that, assumed that Paul helped out on some tracks, they were eventually left off "Brainwashed".
Berkeleyan

Postby Harry » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:27 am

I don't think they were ever really good friends since the break up. Seems like a strange thing for George to say. I know he asked Paul to appear in the When we Was Fab video but Paul was not available according to George which I felt was a diplomatic way of George saying that Paul didn't want to be in it.
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:39 am

Yes, sure. But the thing is: I remember now , and it's kind of funny to me: I recall where I saw that piece of news. It was on THIS VERY SITE (Mike's site !), well before I decided to join in.

Therefore it should be true, since that's Mike's policy - only to publish what is true. I wonder whether that collaboration of sorts in 1999 turned out. I read or heard nothing from it since then. And we know how private George used to be, so he might've had Paul by his side in his FPSHOT studio during '99 and kept quiet about it and so did Paul. So no news came out of it. Of course I'm speculating about it. [?]
Berkeleyan

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:32 am

I guess time will tell Berks.
Harry

Return to GEORGE