Retirement

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Retirement

Postby dbuffoni » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:20 pm

I think Paul should retire, he has had a great career and he of course was a Beatle, what else does he need to prove, his voice is a little rusty to me.... time to fade away Paul.... thanks for the memories....
dbuffoni

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:40 pm

I don't even think I have the words right now to describe how much I disagree with your post. First of all, by ALL accounts, Paul's voice this tour is better than ever. Second of all, it's not a matter of "needing to prove" anything. Music is his life, his passion, and his career. You just don't stop doing it because you reach a certain age. Thirdly, I think your post his highly insensitive and just plain ridiculous. Sure, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but come on, "time to fade away?" Are you kidding? The man has just made his best album in years, he's on his best tour in years, he's in the best shape in years, why on earth would he stop? Do you expect Paul McCartney to just hideaway in a castle with his billions for the rest of his life? The man is a musician. He loves playing music. Why would he quit his passion? I think it is rather commendable and quite inspirational that here is a man approaching 60, still rocking and doing it 10 times better than the youngin's. I think you would hope to be in that great state when you're 60 as well.
Ram1

Postby Kary » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:40 pm

Maybe you should fade away...............
Kary

Postby dbuffoni » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:41 pm

It was a joke, GET A LIFE LOSER..........lol. LONG LIVE THE STONES......:-)
dbuffoni

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:45 pm

First of all, I'm not a loser. Second of all, you're a loser for calling me one. Third of all, how on earth could anybody tell you were joking? Fourth of all, it wasn't a funny joke. Fifth of all, I don't think anybody else here on this forum would want a jerk like you on here.
Ram1

Postby dbuffoni » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:51 pm

quit being such a wuss, wanted to stir things up in this forum..... boy you Macca fans are so sensitive....besides its a free country...I can state my opinions if I want.....later
dbuffoni

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:56 pm

Gee, how did I know you were gonna reply again with a cheap shot? First of all, I'm not a wuss. You know what? Forget it. I refuse to even reply to anymore of your postings. I'm way more mature than that. Grow up.
Ram1

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:04 pm

Yes, dbuffoni, it is a free country. But I'm sure the owner of the site also has the power to kick you off. Like Ram1 said, how on earth were people suppose to know you were joking? Personally, I don't think you were joking at all. I think you're just upset because people disagreed with you, and now your crying in your milk like a little baby.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby michael.riddles » Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:28 pm

So... have I mentioned how underrated "Motor of Love" is?...
michael.riddles

Postby BrokenHeartedJubilee » Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:24 pm

My favorite thing is people like this. The ones who say they don't like an artist or band...that they need to "fade away" but then have some sort of feelings enough towards them to get online, register on a message board for this artist or band and post about them. I mean, really. Joke or not. Of COURSE we're gonna take it seriously. I agree with RedRoseSpeedway...you're taking it back and writing it off as a joke b/c you realized how WRONG you are. Muahah. He doesn't have to prove anything, he's already proven it, now he's just having a blast!

-Morgan
BrokenHeartedJubilee

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions