Seating Charts

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Seating Charts

Postby texjayhawk » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:36 pm

I'm new here...this has probably been asked a gazillion times before, so I'm sorry in advance for the redundancy. But how do I find out which price levels apply to which saets. The show I'm shooting for is the Compaq Center in Houston, and I have a seating chart. Is Ticketmaster going to have a clue what prices are for which sections?

Thanks,

Brad
texjayhawk

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:18 pm

Hey, Brad. And welcome. Yeah, Ticketmaster will show you which prices are for what sections.
Ram1

Postby texjayhawk » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:22 am

Thanks Ram. I called TM and at least right now the phone reps had no idea which sections will be for which price. That may change as we get closer to the onsale (next Saturday).

In general, I'm guessing that the $250 seats are close floor and close lowers, the $125's are back floors, middle lowers, and close uppers, the $90's are farthest lowers and middle uppers, and the $50's are farthest uppers and sidestage uppers (i.e. obstructed view). Is this close? Do they sell anything behind the stage, or is there a backdrop?

As much as I'd love to go for the $250 tickets, I'm taking my kids(since their father saw Paul in 1964 with his first band <g>) and $250 X 4 just doesn't work in today's economy for me. So I'm just trying to plot out a strategy.

Thanks,

Brad
texjayhawk

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:06 pm

Brad,

Yeah, you pretty much got it on the money. That's pretty much how the chart/prices go. A lot really depends on the venue. Because I'll tell you what, man...My mom and I had the $88(?) dollar seats at the MCI Center in DC, and they were EXCELLENT. No complaints. On the TM seating chart, it looked like we were gonna be a mile away. But once we got there to the venue, the seats were great. So like I said, I think it has a lot to do with the particular venue. And yes, on the Spring tour there was a backdrop, so no seats behind the stage.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:09 pm

PS--Even if your seats happen to be far away, Paul has a GIGANTIC video screen. To tell you the truth, I actually watched a good portion of the show on the screen rather than looking at Paul himself. That's how good the screen is. Plus, it gives you the chance to see him and the band really close up without binoculars. So word of advice--don't buy the binoculars if your venue is selling them. You'd be wasting your money. The video screen will show you all you wanna see. It's great.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:27 pm

Ram1-I agree--the video screen is so clear it's amazing.

Something's open..It's my Heart....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dakota » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:02 pm

My wife bought 2 seats in the farback upper level on line this morning for $90 a pop....damn!.
Oh well, what can I do about these prices?..Just put up and go to the show. After all I'm a fan....I gotta see 'em again
dakota

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours