Autographs

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Autographs

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:57 am

Just a little story I was told the other day...

... about a fan who in the sixties had got Paul to sign a photo of the Beatles, then managed at a later show to get Ringo to sign alongside.

She missed out on John, but caught up with George years later, at an event in the eighties.

As George was signing alongside Paul and Ringo, she commented that she was hoping to get all four, but of course that was not to be....

Quick as a flash, George said "Oh, I can do John for you if you like"

The four of the Beatles had to sign so many photos etc in the 60s, they all learned how to do each others' signatures.

(If you look on UK ebay at the moment, you'll see a sixties Beatles photo which Paul has signed as all four of them)
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Autographs

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:57 am

Just a little story I was told the other day...

... about a fan who in the sixties had got Paul to sign a photo of the Beatles, then managed at a later show to get Ringo to sign alongside.

She missed out on John, but caught up with George years later, at an event in the eighties.

As George was signing alongside Paul and Ringo, she commented that she was hoping to get all four, but of course that was not to be....

Quick as a flash, George said "Oh, I can do John for you if you like"

The four of the Beatles had to sign so many photos etc in the 60s, they all learned how to do each others' signatures.

(If you look on UK ebay at the moment, you'll see a sixties Beatles photo which Paul has signed as all four of them)
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:04 pm

George is awesome !

[:)]
Gastro (gone)

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:31 am

Yep I´ve read about it. Just another little thing that goes a long way to show that those four Liverpool lads were close as bone and skin when they had to fend for themselves, help each other out and work together as a team [:)][:)][:)][:)]
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby unclekevin » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:31 am

too bad it isn't authentic. i heard that they didn't sign too may items together
unclekevin

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:34 pm

i read that their roadies (forgot their names) had to do that.
that signing.
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby theDingle » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:42 pm

I wouldn't mind having counterfeit autographs where they signed for each other, or even when the roadies did it. Those are still from that era and inner circle and should have their own significant value, lol!

I would think that it probably happened a lot. I can imagine them being on tour and too wiped out to bother.
theDingle

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:14 pm

Yes. I saw one of those "wRong" autographs in the Beatles Museum in Halle/Saale here in Germany. They didn't looked so much different!!!!
Think, they've been practising a long time....[:)]
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:04 am

Autographs or othergraphs, just the fact that one of them or some of them jotted them down suffices for me . [:D] I wish I had a sample...
Berkeleyan

Postby Ghavi » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:59 pm

I dont understand the autograph stuff... I dont know why someone want to have something signed by somebody, to know that he´s a real person and he is alive ?. To remembre the moment when you meet him ?. I think its crazy and superficial.[|)]
Ghavi

Return to GEORGE