Back in the US & Two of Us on CBC Sunday

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:59 pm

A 2 hour Back in the US concert will be on @6pm EST on CBC Sunday, followed by Two of Us at 8pm.

TWO OF US (2000) Taking place in 1976, John Lennon (Harris) and Paul McCartney (Quinn) have a chat about their lives, and if "The Beatles" will ever reunite. Aidan Quinn, Jared Harris, Ric Reid.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:59 pm

A 2 hour Back in the US concert will be on @6pm EST on CBC Sunday, followed by Two of Us at 8pm.

TWO OF US (2000) Taking place in 1976, John Lennon (Harris) and Paul McCartney (Quinn) have a chat about their lives, and if "The Beatles" will ever reunite. Aidan Quinn, Jared Harris, Ric Reid.
Mike

Postby shorty » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:39 pm

just watched it. Great movie. It got sad at the end. I realy felt like thats what would have happened between them, John got sucked into this pit and couldn't get out. I realy feel like Paul so despratley wanted to reach out to him, but didn't quite know how. The movie realy makes ya think.
shorty

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:38 pm

Well parts of it were taken from apparently truth. In an interview somewhere I can't remember, Paul did say that he was with John that night watch Saturday Night Live and they really did consider going down to the studio.

I was watching it live that night too, would have been some kind of surprise to say the least.

I too thought it got a bit imaginative but it was done pretty well as far as getting in facts, it was believable even though it could not have been what could or would have happened but the thoughts of a writer, he did a good job.

I really thought the fan reactions were done quite realistically, with the exception on how long it took them to recognize Paul as his face was all over the media for years, much more than John. That was kind of unbelievable. Going up and talking to John and not realizing that Paul was right there.

Adrian Quinn did an ok job as Paul but I won't go into the critiques of the visual and vocal weaknesses of the movie. The actors and the whole production actually did make you feel you were in that room with Paul and John.
Mike

Postby shorty » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:51 am

I agree with you there, if you saw john lennon sitting in a restraunt, you would definatley check out who he was with, you would know that was paul.

also I liked how the had john talking about silly little love songs, because is it not beilived that paul wrote that song after hearing john had apparently made a statment about writing love songs.
shorty

Return to MACCA In-The-Media