The Battle of the Silly Songs!!!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:36 pm

In Wings time, Paul didn't write only "silly love songs"... He wrote a controvertial politic song "Give Ireland Back To The Irish", a kinda animal protection activist song "Wild Life" , sex/drugs theme "Hi Hi Hi", about eldery on "Treat Her Gently/Lonely Old People", and I didn't recall if he wrote some enviroment theme that time.
Actually Paul is an activist person and his fight for animal and enviroment protection is well known all around the world.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/24/2002 09:35:48
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:14 am

I recalled one that's not a silly song: "Daytime Nightime Suffering", a very feminist-song...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby numberwriter » Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:53 pm

let em in is a brilliant song! such great chords.. and its about all the people trying to get to see him , he mentions friends and family who are welcome to come round anytime.
numberwriter

Postby jpm » Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:54 pm

isnt one of his most silly songs 'we all stand together' i mean that is one of the most i heard and seen he got a lot of stick for. by the way i went dressed as rupert for a fancy dress that year and felt really cool that i was trying to pass myself off as paul in rupert gear.............oh dear
emotional moments!!!!!
jpm

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions