If the Sons of the Beatle form a Band . . .

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:11 pm

quote:Originally posted by dakota
quote:Originally posted by Ram1
The music they'd produce would be phenomenal.

That's probably the biggest reason they would not want to do this. The expectation level would make the project for them unenjoyable.

Right, I agree. But I'm just dreaming.
Ram1

Postby dakota » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:23 pm

Okay, here's what the line-up should be:

Julian Lennon - keyboards/guitar/vocals
Zak Starkey - drums
Sean Lennon - bass/vocals
James McCartney - lead guitar
Dhani Harrison - guitar/vocals

To my knowledge I've never heard Zak sing or write music. With James I've never seen him credited on vocals, so I made my line-up based on this info.

Any ideas on how many songs each member should sing lead on per album?

Sean's inclusion might be a problem 'cause Yoko still has alot of control over his career and she, wanting Sean to shine in the group might create friction within the group and cause it to split-up too early, just like she did with that other group her husband played in.[:(]
dakota

Postby Steve-o » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:08 am

Friction and Yoko? A match made in heaven. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:11 am

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
I think forming a "sons of The Beatles" type band would be a mistake. The pressure of constantly being compared to their famous fathers would strip them of their individualities. I'd rather hear them approaching music their own way and not in the shadow of the Beatles. It is a fun thing to wonder about though. And just maybe this would be cool if the sons of the Beatles recorded one song together...

That is so true, and it's why they shouldn't. They wouldn't be given a fair chance. It's like the old thing of "when you get all no1 hits for so many years, the minute you get a no2, you're history".
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mr. kite » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:40 am

Although the idea is farfetched, it still excites me.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:14 pm

It wouldn't work - you would get four guys set up for failure. It's like Franks Sinatra 's kid or Ted Williams' kid - they cast too long of a shadow.

Regardless of what i have been told, I watched the Julian Lennon special on VH1 "behind the music" and i saw a sad, tortured, and bitter young man who really resents his father and has a lot of anger toward the music business. I hope the guy is happy but to me - all he wanted to have was a relationship with his dad and it never happened. A few weekends of playing guitar with his old man and sharing him with Son and that's it. John messed up his son almost as bad as Freddie Lennon ignored John - How sad is that?

So, i don't wish that kind of torture on the other BEatle kids. Not at all. Watch the Vh1 special yourself and see the anger pour out of the guy - it's painful
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:31 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with the thought of them getting togetther. I can't say whether it would work or not because I can't predict the future. It is a nice thought though. People either love the idea or hate it. It's basically up to them and not us no matter how much we think we know everything about the beatles, it doesn't matter in the end. So I don't think that anyone can positively say whether it would work or not.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions