::A Hard Day's Night (3rd Album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

A Hard Day's Night (3rd Album)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:50 am

Opinions, people?

My faves have to be Things We Said Today, I'll Be Back, Can't Buy Me Love, the title track, Any Time At All, I Should Have Known Better, and And I Love Her . . . which is about half the album! This was the one that really got them going as greats, for me . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

A Hard Day's Night (3rd Album)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:50 am

Opinions, people?

My faves have to be Things We Said Today, I'll Be Back, Can't Buy Me Love, the title track, Any Time At All, I Should Have Known Better, and And I Love Her . . . which is about half the album! This was the one that really got them going as greats, for me . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:54 am

I LOVE AHDN, man. Quality album. Great songs. Not one stinker on there. You pretty much named all my faves. Except I'd add If I Fell. One of my fave Beatles songs ever.
Ram1

Postby megs » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:07 pm

i love this album, i like all the songs off of it[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:52 pm

Not a stinker in the bunch...a great album that has risen in my mind since the DVD release. The remastered sound on the DVD is breathtaking. I swear.....Ram: I LOVE If I fell....it just still sends chills up and down my spine...a beautiful ballad!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:14 pm

Yes Liam, you named all my faves too. Outstanding album.
Also the title track with John's vocal and Paul's middle eight.
I will never forget seeing AHDN the first time in a small theater. From the opening scene with John, George and Ringo running towards the camera and hearing that first chord. Then George tripping and falling and John laughing at George. That was it for me. I was lost in Beatles heaven forever. What a fun place to live.
Ahhh, MY Beatles[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:44 pm

quote:Ram: I LOVE If I fell....it just still sends chills up and down my spine...a beautiful ballad!!

YES, Steve! No doubt, man, no doubt. Haha, and what's funny about If I Fell in the movie, is that it's like this "serious" ballad, yet while they're playing it, if you look closely, all these funny things are going on in the background. Like George leaning up against the amp, and then the amp halfway falling off the stand. LOL. Just great stuff.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:47 pm

quote:Also the title track with John's vocal and Paul's middle eight.

Oh, NO DOUBT, Auj! I LOVE the title track. John's vocals are just simply superb. He really thrashed on that song. And yes, Paul's middle eight is just outstanding. Superb.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:31 pm

It's so cool on the DVD how George Martin talks about having John & Paul write that one over night, ana then GM saying that it was lacking something..they tried a few chords, and John struck a strange one that GM liked. He said "To this day, I have no idea what that chord was, but it was great" And it opened the film and the album...great stuff on that DVD.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:42 pm

I must get a DVD player!!!!
I love MY George Martin.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums