Linda's Statue

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:12 am

I, too, was taken aback by the fact that no one from Macca's family attended the tribute. It's difficult to say whether the statue is good or not. In one picture, I hate to say it, but she looks like Barbara Striesand.

You'd think that the Scottish people would have rescheduled the dedication to enable, at least, her children to attend.[V]
MACCAFAN2K

Postby Aujouret » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:56 am

Ya know, Maccafan, the whole thing was a bit odd.
Maybe Paul and the family didn't care for the statue either.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shinestar » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:30 am

The statue may not look exactly like Linda but I think it has her essence, it captures her personality to some degree. And I love its being in a garden - all the more reason to explore the west coast of Scotland! I've seen most of the eastern coast but not the west. Someday! I was surprised too that no one from the family attended and wonder why it wasn't scheduled when someone could attend. I think Mary and Stella had planned to attend from what I've read here, but maybe they just couldn't find a date that everyone could make. Who knows? The important thing is it's done and in its garden.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
In checking the news I see that NONE of the McCartney family attended the official unveiling of the statue. The daughters sent a nice statement. Has anyone got a real good look at the statue itself.
It's not very good, but it is the thought that counts.
yeah i saw a pic. of the statue, it was'nt that good[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions