Yoko vs Frederic Seaman

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Yoko vs Frederic Seaman

Postby Aujouret » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:11 am

Has anyone here read Fred Seaman's book about John?
I see on Steve's Abbeyrd website that Yoko is going to court next week to try to get photos that Frederic took of John and the family.
374 photos. Yoko also wants letters that Fred has that John wrote.
Julian Lennon said that Fred brought him John's diaries very briefly after John's murder, but that Fred had to return them to Yoko, because he took them without her permission. Julian said they were very interesting and he would like to have had a chance to read those diaries. Frederic said that John wanted Jules to have them. Why does Yoko not want Jules to have his own father's diaries? What is she afraid of anyway? Why can't Fred keep the photos he took of John? What is all this garbage?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Yoko vs Frederic Seaman

Postby Aujouret » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:11 am

Has anyone here read Fred Seaman's book about John?
I see on Steve's Abbeyrd website that Yoko is going to court next week to try to get photos that Frederic took of John and the family.
374 photos. Yoko also wants letters that Fred has that John wrote.
Julian Lennon said that Fred brought him John's diaries very briefly after John's murder, but that Fred had to return them to Yoko, because he took them without her permission. Julian said they were very interesting and he would like to have had a chance to read those diaries. Frederic said that John wanted Jules to have them. Why does Yoko not want Jules to have his own father's diaries? What is she afraid of anyway? Why can't Fred keep the photos he took of John? What is all this garbage?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:13 am

The story is more complicated than Freddie Seamen's comments. Fred Seamen was a gofer for the Lennons. He was a good, solid employee. But, Fred Seamen after Lennon died stole the diaries and kept them (guess where) in his Brooklyn apartment. Why? In his own warped thinking, he wanted to free them from Yoko and give them to Julian.

Duh? He stole them so he could sell them and write a book and make money.[:(!] Yoko did the right thing and had the cops rightfully arrest Seamen. Look, the man stole personal property that was rightfully Yoko's and he's a thief and a liar.

He exaggerates a lot of what happened with the Lennons and was the source for many of Albert Goldman's distorted biography. In the Goldman distortion, Lennon was made out to be an anorexic masturbator who kept his urine in mason jars or something. Totally not true. It was said he was strung out on heroin and he occasionally would kick his baby. Again, not true.

While i never believed Lennon's tall tales to Playboy, i never picked up a guitar in five years (How many pictured have we seen of Lennon playing guitar '75-'80), (Free as a bird in 1977)...or that he baked bread all day and played with the baby all the time (Lennon was not a man of routine)....I think the real truth somewhere right in the middle between Lennon's warped exageration of Mr. Mom and Goldman's wacky eccentric flaky Lennon being consumed by Yoko's imprisonment.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:51 pm

Someone was asking about Seaman a few weeks back.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:13 am

That someone was meself - thanks for all the digging up !
A true Beatle topic archaeologist, you are [:D]
Oh topic muse where are thou ?
I'm left astray, no new topics in my attic!
Oh good heavens, I'll perish with such static
without new stuff I better go [:(]
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to JOHN