Driving USA DVD & CD release

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:05 pm

This came from PaulMcCartney.com

A WORD TO EACH OF YOU 406,521 FANS WHO SAW SHOWS OF THE 'DRIVING USA' TOUR - WATCH OUT, YOU COULD VERY WELL FIND YOURSELF ON SCREEN WITH MACCA LATER THIS YEAR. PAUL WILL BE ISSUING A CD OF THE TOUR SHOW IN LATE NOVEMBER - PLUS A DVD OF THE TOUR IN STORES AROUND
THE SAME TIME. WORD FROM INSIDE THE EDIT STUDIO IS THAT THE DVD WILL BE UTTERLY UNLIKE PREVIOUS FILMS OF MAC IN CONCERT (I.E. 'GET BACK' AND 'PAUL IS LIVE') IN THAT A GOOD WHACK OF THE THREE HOURS OF IT WILL CONTAIN BACKSTAGE AND OFF-DUTY FOOTAGE THE LIKES OF WHICH YOU
NEVER GET TO SEE. BESIDES TAKING YOU ON AN ACCESS ALL AREAS TOUR OF
SOUND CHECK, DRESSING ROOMS, ON THE CREW BUS, AT THE AFTER-SHOW
PARTIES, IN THE BACK SEAT OF HIS LIMO AND EVEN ABOARD HIS PRIVATE TOUR JET (AND A LOT MORE), THE DVD CONTAINS A LOT OF CROWD SCENES FROM THE GIGS. SO WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELF, WE'VE CAUGHT YOU CANDIDLY ON CAMERA ROCKING YOUR SOX OFF. AND, IN CERTAIN CASES, APPEARING TO
ROCK OTHER ITEMS OF CLOTHING OFF BESIDES.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:05 pm

This came from PaulMcCartney.com

A WORD TO EACH OF YOU 406,521 FANS WHO SAW SHOWS OF THE 'DRIVING USA' TOUR - WATCH OUT, YOU COULD VERY WELL FIND YOURSELF ON SCREEN WITH MACCA LATER THIS YEAR. PAUL WILL BE ISSUING A CD OF THE TOUR SHOW IN LATE NOVEMBER - PLUS A DVD OF THE TOUR IN STORES AROUND
THE SAME TIME. WORD FROM INSIDE THE EDIT STUDIO IS THAT THE DVD WILL BE UTTERLY UNLIKE PREVIOUS FILMS OF MAC IN CONCERT (I.E. 'GET BACK' AND 'PAUL IS LIVE') IN THAT A GOOD WHACK OF THE THREE HOURS OF IT WILL CONTAIN BACKSTAGE AND OFF-DUTY FOOTAGE THE LIKES OF WHICH YOU
NEVER GET TO SEE. BESIDES TAKING YOU ON AN ACCESS ALL AREAS TOUR OF
SOUND CHECK, DRESSING ROOMS, ON THE CREW BUS, AT THE AFTER-SHOW
PARTIES, IN THE BACK SEAT OF HIS LIMO AND EVEN ABOARD HIS PRIVATE TOUR JET (AND A LOT MORE), THE DVD CONTAINS A LOT OF CROWD SCENES FROM THE GIGS. SO WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELF, WE'VE CAUGHT YOU CANDIDLY ON CAMERA ROCKING YOUR SOX OFF. AND, IN CERTAIN CASES, APPEARING TO
ROCK OTHER ITEMS OF CLOTHING OFF BESIDES.
Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:11 pm

YES! YES! YES! YES! Can't wait!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:42 pm

All of it sounds great EXCEPT for the crowd scenes. That crap just ruined The "get back" concert footage. We want to see Paul, Paul and more Paul..not some drunk crowd member doing the lip-bite boogie. I hope they keep that to a minimum. Dick Lester went OVERBOARD last time. I dont go to see watch other people. I go to see Macca and his band. Please reconsider that part macca!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:43 pm

Except for shots of heather, of course :)
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:40 pm

quote:not some drunk crowd member doing the lip-bite boogie.

LOL. Choke.

I know what you mean, man. Get Back is probably the best example. But it also reminds me of when Paul and Heather were on Leno a few months back. They showed the absolute worst concert shots. Drunk men and women making complete idiots out of themselves, grinding next to their partners like they were at the backwoods rodeo. And unfortunately, that's what some people are gonna think Macca fans are really like! Leave out the close-up audience scenes! Except for H2, of course! [:D]
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:43 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
grinding next to their partners like they were at the backwoods rodeo.DOUBLE CHOKE
Man---where can I get tickets? LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours