Put It There

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Put It There

Postby cbaer » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:48 pm

Has anyone seen the video Put It There (documentary)? It was made at or during the time the Flowers in the Dirt Album/Concert was going on. Paul was asked how he got the slap/clap sound in the song, and they show him in the studio playing bongo's on his knees. The gang is introduced (Wix, etc.). Does anyone ever suspect the lead guitarist for Crissy Hines was jealous of Paul? The base player played with The Average White Band, ...(I'm probably telling you stuff you already knew).

Anyway, it's a great video, glad I have it.

...silly girl.
cbaer

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:29 pm

Hey, Cbaer. Yeah, the bass player's name is Hamish Stuart. Check the "Video" forum. There's a section on the 'Put It There' video.
Ram1

Postby nicholeantoinette » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:42 pm

What a brilliant, beautiful little song that is. Haven't seen the video, but the song sounds like something Paulie might've wrote in India in the 60s.

Sigh. xo

"It really doesn't matter if I'm wrong, I'm right where I belong."
nicholeantoinette

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:33 pm

Yeah, Put It There is a great song, isn't it? Paul wrote it about his father. When Jim Mac used to shake people's hands, he'd say, "Put it there, if it weighs a ton."
Ram1

Postby Len » Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:46 pm

Ah yes, good old laddie that Hamish.

Whatever happened to that song he and Paul were working on, as seen in the Coming Home video? I think it's called "Is It Raining In London?". The orchestral arrangement was done by Mr Twin Peaks, Angelo Badalamenti. Was that song ever released, and if so, where could a humble little person such as myself obtain a copy of it?
Len

Postby shinestar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:58 pm

I think he wrote that for his dad and also for his son, James.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:42 pm

I believe "Is It Raining In London?" was meant for a Hamish Stuart solo project. I don't know what album (if it was actually released). I've never heard it. Is it any good?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:20 am

A bit of Raining in London was shown during the Movin' On video filmed in '92 or '93 when Paul's hair was long, shaggy and gray and his face was still full. Looking at him in that film, I wondered if he'd ever look like that again. Since Linda became terminally ill, he looked more and more drawn and still does not look like his old self, new love or not. They showed a bit with an orchestra recording at Abbey Road. This was a film made during the time they recorded "Off The Ground".
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Len » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 am

Yep, that's the one. I meant Movin' On, not Coming Home. Does anyone know anything about that song? It's been nine years since they worked on that. I can't imagine it hasn't appeared somewhere. You don't write a song, record it with an orchestal accompaniment arranged and conducted by someone like Mr Badalementi (love that Twin Peaks music) only to put it on a shelf somewhere so it could gather dust.
Len

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:32 am

Put It There is kinda like Two Of Us in a way. Really, nice, folky type songs . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions