"The Fab Four" will be released in October

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby young boy » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:26 am

so, i've just "read" in Norwegian newspaper that an album "A Little Less Conversation" with Elvis' biggest hits will be released on 23 September (hm, it's smth different i have heard before and seen on VH1 -- "30 Number 1 Hits", a bit like Beatles "1").

And there were one really good thing on the article -- Elvis' album will make competition with the same disc of THE BEATLES "The Fab Four" which will be released in October as a tribute to 40 years from "LOve Me Do".

So --- have u heard smth more about it??? And what the hits on "The Fab Four" album will be??? A little bit of everything? I don't think that it will make double of "1", or maybe it will be the best of the best -- like Red and Blue Album on one cd?

The Postman's At The Door
While The Telephone Rings On The Kitchen Wall,
Pretend We're Not At Home And They'll Disappear.
young boy

Postby young boy » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:26 am

so, i've just "read" in Norwegian newspaper that an album "A Little Less Conversation" with Elvis' biggest hits will be released on 23 September (hm, it's smth different i have heard before and seen on VH1 -- "30 Number 1 Hits", a bit like Beatles "1").

And there were one really good thing on the article -- Elvis' album will make competition with the same disc of THE BEATLES "The Fab Four" which will be released in October as a tribute to 40 years from "LOve Me Do".

So --- have u heard smth more about it??? And what the hits on "The Fab Four" album will be??? A little bit of everything? I don't think that it will make double of "1", or maybe it will be the best of the best -- like Red and Blue Album on one cd?

young boy

Postby young boy » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:15 pm

Found smth more:

2002-Aug-12: Coming In October - The Ultimate Beatles' Album
Updated August 13. In commemoration the the 40 year anniversary of the Beatles first hit recording, "Love Me Do", Parlophone records plans to release a 50 track double CD of Beatles tunes in October. The Sun reports that a secret meeting was recently held at Abbey Road studios to discuss the project. An insider told the Sun: "This is a top secret project. If people thought the 1 album was big, they haven't seen anything yet."
Sir Paul's denies that plans for such a mega-hit album are in the works. (His actual response was "bullshit".) However, Mr. Baker did disclose that "a lot of exciting things are in the pipeline", all due for an October release.

young boy

Postby jet » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:44 pm

Let's hope so Young Boy. At the time of writing, I have still to hear any mention of the beatles 40th anniversary on either radio or TV, maybe because of all the hype surrounding the 25th anniversary of Elvis's death. Besides, it's 40 yearss ago this month since Ringo joined The Beatles!
jet

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:57 am

Well, I hope the tracklisting is something different - there's a number of songs that deserved to be on Red & Blue but weren't - let's hope they make an appearance. Not that I'll be getting it anyway, as I see no reason in getting things that I already have (although I'll admit I have a couple of different issues of two Sting albums, but that's for a good reason).

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby young boy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:37 am

i'm sure i'll get it although there will be the same track list as on Red&Blue. Sometimes u can make fun of listening some albums in "shuffle" version, why not all the classic songs? Actually i'm doing it now.

We're breathing a lot, a lot of political nonsense in the air.
young boy

Postby mr. kite » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:21 pm

Well that just proves that the capitalists are here again to squeeze our hard earned bucks. If Paul's only comment is Bull****, expect the worse.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:08 am

At least we know what it's going to be. It's a bit sad, the way companies release two dozen hits compilations of an artist or band, all with the same songs on, under different titles. They're all just thinking with their wallets . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions