Abe the Drummer

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:20 am

Wow Steve, I actually FORGOT about Blair Cunningham! Definitely not impressive.

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby KK (booted) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:03 am

There were times when all I did was concentrate on Abe. Like nothing I had ever seen before. Although I kept waiting for him to keel over from a heart attack. He could lose a little weight.
KK (booted)

Postby Bender » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:04 am

Abe and his father have both lead highly respected and productive careers in the "LA" music scene. I am somewhat embarrassed that other posters have been clueless to this fact. I was thrilled to find out that Rusty and Abe were in Paul's band. I can only guess how much fans have enjoyed and been awed by this band. I saw the tour in Vegas in April and am looking forward to seeing it again in Anaheim this October. It will be my ninth time seeing Paul.
I have been seeing Abe Jr. playing drums for the past 10 years. Rumour has it he is having a blast and on more than one occasion while doing BGV's had been in awe of the situation himself.
Bender

Postby Bender » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:05 am

Abe and his father have both lead highly respected and productive careers in the "LA" music scene. I am somewhat embarrassed that other posters have been clueless to this fact. I was thrilled to find out that Rusty and Abe were in Paul's band. I can only guess how much fans have enjoyed and been awed by this band. I saw the tour in Vegas in April and am looking forward to seeing it again in Anaheim this October. It will be my ninth time seeing Paul.
I have been seeing Abe Jr. playing drums for the past 10 years. Rumour has it he is having a blast and on more than one occasion while doing BGV's had been in awe of the situation himself.
Bender

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:10 am

Bender, sorry we embarrass you. I guess we're not all from California.

Oooh, baby, you couldn't have done a worse thing to me...
If you'da taken an arrow and run it right through me. ooooh.
Ram1

Postby maccafan » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:21 am

I just want to say that Blair cunningham is a very good drummer! Paul wouldn't have used him if he wasn't! The man proved his worth when his very first gig with Paul was the Unplugged session, he did just fine in my opinion!!
Another example of his fine playing is during the Up Close session, he plays so good during Lady Madonna that Paul and Hamish look back at him in delight and approval!! He comes from a family of drummers, he's very accomplished!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:25 am

quote:
I just want to say that Blair cunningham is a very good drummer! Paul wouldn't have used him if he wasn't! The man proved his worth when his very first gig with Paul was the Unplugged session, he did just fine in my opinion!!
Another example of his fine playing is during the Up Close session, he plays so good during Lady Madonna that Paul and Hamish look back at him in delight and approval!! He comes from a family of drummers, he's very accomplished!!

Good Post Maccafan. We agree to disagree. His drumming on PIL is vanilla, IMO. I guess I'm spoiled by Abe. Blair doesn't do it for me.

But you were always there, with a smile....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours