Klaatu

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Klaatu

Postby dsnito » Thu May 30, 2002 5:59 am

Does anybody remmember a band named Klaatu??In 1977 there was a lot of rumors that this was a Beatles camouflaged band!! I think that the vocalist reminds the Paul´s voice, but you can notice some little nuances if you pay attention. But in the song "Sub Rosa Subway", seems to be Paul himself singing,I really was impressed at that time!!
Maybe was a recording trick, or was Paul recording the song indeed??
Anybody heard that??
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Klaatu

Postby dsnito » Thu May 30, 2002 5:59 am

Does anybody remmember a band named Klaatu??In 1977 there was a lot of rumors that this was a Beatles camouflaged band!! I think that the vocalist reminds the Paul´s voice, but you can notice some little nuances if you pay attention. But in the song "Sub Rosa Subway", seems to be Paul himself singing,I really was impressed at that time!!
Maybe was a recording trick, or was Paul recording the song indeed??
Anybody heard that??
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 30, 2002 8:38 am

Heard the rumor at the time, and didn't believe it---still don't. Unless "Paul is dead" is true....I heard some stuff and I don't think it sounded like much of anything but a Beatles cover band playing their own crappy stuff.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:26 pm

Yeah, you´re right stevew, I just mean to say that only the song I refered sounds like Paul, only this, and maybe the song "We´re off you know"(a little) but all the rest just suggest some Beatle-stuffs.
I just think that the canadian band Klaatu is OK,they´re just a good musicians. I was only 15 and anything made me curious and impressionable at that time, even the "Paul is dead" stuffs(that I don´t believe nowadays, of course).
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:57 am

OH YEAH! I'm a huge fan of Klaatu and did a paper in college of their connection real or imaginary to the Beatles. I saw them live in Waterloo, Ontario and I tell you these guys sounded like it was right off the record live. I still have the T-shirt (torn) and a poster from the gig. I saw Paul in Toronto, in May '76 and some photos I have, (including negatives) have the Klaaut sun (their logo) on Paul's bass amp. They were not only very Beatlish but I think they were closer to Badfinger in styles.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:18 am

Yeah, they're really a pretty good band!! What are they doing now?
I don't hear about'em almost since 10yrs ago. Their CD versions is out of print in Brazil, and I have the "3:47 EST" and "Sir Army Suit" in LP version, both are rarities here nowadays. I like their Beatlesque style, and by that time (77) when their Beatle connections rumors were strong, they reached among the Top 50 in brazilian chart(that is a good performance to foreign bands over here).

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions