New Set List for 2nd Leg (?)

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:17 am

If you don't know what album a song is from, you shouldn't yak about it during the show - you should go into a music store the following day and look it up! That's what I did with Flowers In The Dirt after I got Tripping The Live Fantastic - I found it had six Paul solo songs that were played live, so I picked it up straight away! And I didn't look back, either!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:46 am

quote:Ram--same thing in Cleveland....the guy next to me, during C Moon : "Never heard that one--must be off one of his new albums--(To his partner)--When was his last album?" Partner: "Not really sure"---man---that MORE than irritated me---these folks were mid-thirties--they weren't like 70....if you are going to go a see the man, support him and see what he's up to THIS century...

EXACTLY!! Arrrrrgghh!!!
Ram1

Postby cbaer » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:20 pm

I had a lady behind me in a suit w/beaufont hair who sat very dignified during the whole thing. I was only one standing on the 10th row (yeah, rude I know) but I was trying to show my support for the song "Every Night" because I was so shocked he was playing it. The crown around me mumbled and had no clue what it was. Very annoying! I sure dug the songlists you guys have come up with. I'm with the Help, Rubber Soul thing, too. Another Girl, The Night Before and really, who wouldn't know No Where Man??? come on

However, nobody's mentioned Hope of Deliverance op ee doobie doobie
cbaer

Postby JettRyder » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:57 am

I sometimes think that there are plenty (50 to 80%) of people at concerts who aren't familiar with the material of the performer. I have witnessed this not just with Macca, but with others as well. Now me, being a music junkie since the days of Elvis, and being a DJ for about 20 years of my life, I consider myself to be quite knowledgable regarding rocknroll from the 50s through the 90s. In fact, when I go see a concert, I want to be familiar with the performer's recording history, otherwise, it would be like listening to someone's CD for the first time and not really having time to absorb it. Obviously there are others (and a lot of them) out there who don't share the same feelings about music. Maybe that's why most of the radio stations suck nowadays and crap like the backdoor boys and britney "pepsi" spears get the attention. I tend to think that people like "us" who take our music seriously are a minority.
JettRyder

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:58 am

Very true. Good point, JettRyder.
Ram1

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours