'93 pre show film

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat May 18, 2002 8:12 pm

of course this stuff goes on in the real world. And if it didn't disturb me then there is definitly something wrong with me. I really just wanted to see what the people who seen it live thought of it.
It just caught my by suprise the first time I saw it. Going from scenes of paul and his family to animals getting tortured. And sadly,
it happens more than we know.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby numberwriter » Wed May 22, 2002 6:14 am

i been veggie sice b4 my mate paul, and i dont want anything RAMmmed down my throat... so, bad move i thought... never seen it btw, but i get the idea... no sir... not fair.
numberwriter

Postby shorty » Wed May 22, 2002 7:11 pm

How can you say not fair. Is it fair all the crap that happens to these poor animals. It's about time someone showed the ignorant world what realy happens. It takes people like paul or other high profile celebs to give a bigger audiance the true picture. I went veggie in high school before I found out paul was veggie, and I found out about a lot of the cruelness to animals from River Pheonix(god rest his soul)

I appologize if I have come across angry in any way, but it's not like people who saw the pre show film live didn't know paul was veggie and all for animal rights.

So I say keep doing it alot of people have joined PETA and gone veggie simply because they had a chance to see what realy goes on.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Wed May 22, 2002 8:43 pm

Well said, Shorty. I totally agree. Maybe some things NEED to be "rammed" down people's throats, or else they'll never fully realize the true horrors that go on.
Ram1

Postby JettRyder » Wed May 22, 2002 10:20 pm

Sometimes one needs to be confrontational to get a message across. People don't always respond to flyers stuck under windshield wipers or zealots on the street corners.
I'm not a vegetarian. But I bet I would be if I saw that film. In fact, I was told by a friend that if I wanted to remain a carnivore, then I shouldn't visit a slaughter house.
I can't sit here and say that I'm opposed to people eating cows, pigs, chickens, or fish. But what I am opposed to is the way some of these animals are being treated prior to their "execution". From the few articles that I've read on the subject, things are done like they are in most mass production markets, with as little expense as possible with no regard for either human or animal rights.
One could argue that it was inappropriate for the film to be shown prior to an event that is supposed to be uplifting and exciting, but if I was out there doing the show and I felt very strongly about something, how could I resist not sending my message out about who I am and what I stand for. In fact, it is often expected of celebrities to utilize moments like these to support a cause that they themselves support simply because they are in the limelight and have the attention of the masses.
JettRyder

Postby shorty » Thu May 23, 2002 8:34 am

Well Said JettRyder.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby airdog » Thu May 23, 2002 1:24 pm

Many of the best people I've had the pleasure to know have been critters. Most of the worst critters I've known have been people.
Pass the dolphin salad! (just kidding...)
airdog

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions