maccas new livesound

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

maccas new livesound

Postby Helter Skelter » Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:18 pm

I have heard some clips of the opening night and I must say i loved hearing the old songs he already played live before like back in the ussr, jet, can´t buy me love..
the reason??
Because they seem to sound more like the original versions.. can´t buy me love sounded almost like the beatles live 65 and Jet was as rocking and energetic as in 73-76.

This must be thanks to the new drummer, who plays a lot more like the classic rock drummers from the 60/70´s (Keith Moon anyone??).
The sound is not as 100% perfect and slick as it was in 89-93.

Anyone agree?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

maccas new livesound

Postby Helter Skelter » Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:18 pm

I have heard some clips of the opening night and I must say i loved hearing the old songs he already played live before like back in the ussr, jet, can´t buy me love..
the reason??
Because they seem to sound more like the original versions.. can´t buy me love sounded almost like the beatles live 65 and Jet was as rocking and energetic as in 73-76.

This must be thanks to the new drummer, who plays a lot more like the classic rock drummers from the 60/70´s (Keith Moon anyone??).
The sound is not as 100% perfect and slick as it was in 89-93.

Anyone agree?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:47 pm

I'm glad someone agrees with me about Abe Laboriel, Jnr.! I think he's Macca's best and hardest hitting drummer yet. I'm actually glad the sound isn't "100% perfect." I like the more raw sound. That is definitely thanks to Macca's entire new band. They play more like a rough-edged jam band. I like it. Like someone else stated, the 89-93 band was great, but a little "too" polished. For example, Robbie McIntosh is an awesome guitarist, but he hit every note "perfectly." Almost "too" perfectly. Sounded almost rigid. I like Rusty's more rough sound.
Ram1

Postby shorty » Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:18 pm

The band was amazing, they complimented paul extremly well, and added a new edge that gave paul a similar wings/late beatles sound.

It was great to see Wix still up there on keyboards.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Kovy » Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:35 pm

I tell you it is for the following reasons:
1. Paul's voice is in top form thus far
2. Harmonies from what I heard are dead-on, no goofups
3. Rusty's leads and licks have the close to record sound, tremolo when needed etc. and he is very clean and licks are for real not over extended. The guitar effects and sound were different on a per song basis.

Not to knock Robbie's playing from the last tour at all, but there just seems to be more tightness.
Kovy

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:42 pm

quote:Originally posted by mike
I tell you it is for the following reasons:
1. Paul's voice is in top form thus far
2. Harmonies from what I heard are dead-on, no goofups
3. Rusty's leads and licks have the close to record sound, tremolo when needed etc. and he is very clean and licks are for real not over extended. The guitar effects and sound were different on a per song basis.

Not to knock Robbie's playing from the last tour at all, but there just seems to be more tightness.
Dead on comments, Mike. No question.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours