PAUL`S MUSIC

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:07 pm

Totally agree with you, Maccafan.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:56 pm

Me too!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Len » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:25 pm

Me 3!

One point of criticism though: what is the DEAL with extending his American tour? Doesn't he KNOW that there are thousands -nay, millions- of fans on the other side of the Atlantic waiting in eager and unbearable anticipation for him to finally do some gigs over here?
Len

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:01 pm

I have to agree with you, NetherLen. I mean, I'm in the USA and I got excited about Macca coming back around, but I know you guys throughout the rest of the world have been waiting a long time.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:30 am

Yeah, when WILL he be touring the UK!

Oh, Silly Love Songs-Young Boy? Nah. The timing/phrasing of the lyrics is the same for them at the start, but you could say that about Queen's "I Want To Break Free", Brian May's solo song "On My Way Up", and The Cross' "Ain't Put Nothing Down" (The Cross were a band fronted by Roger Taylor from Queen. They lasted about five years).

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby maccafan » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:21 am

I can understand wanting to see Paul, I have seen him on every tour since Wings Over America!! Let me ask though, would you be in a hurry to tour a country where your album wasn't received very well??
Also wouldn't it mean even more if it was your own country?? You know the saying, a man is never respected in his own hometown!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:57 am

Well, we can be cosidered brazilians fans ourselves a lucky people, 'cos Macca came for three times in our country. Maybe it's like a "compensation" to us 'cos THE BEATLES as a group NEVER came here.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/23/2002 14:04:58
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Len » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:40 pm

Maccafan - the gigs that Paul did during his last two world tours were sold out over here in Holland, in spite of the fact that the albums he promoted only did so-so (Flowers did a little better than Off The Ground). In my experience, most people show up expecting him to play the "standards", and since he's doing that now as well, I don't feel he'll have much trouble selling any tickets over here, regardless of how many copies Driving Rain has sold.
Len

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:49 pm

quote: Well, we can be cosidered brazilians fans ourselves a lucky people, 'cos Macca came for three times in our country. Maybe it's like a "compensation" to us 'cos THE BEATLES as a group NEVER came here.

Yeah, Dsnito. And Paul still holds the world record for most people attending a rock concert at that show at the Brazilian stadium right?
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:02 pm

Yep, right on Ram!!! Good recall!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions