Postby dsnito » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:02 am

Chinese?? I can´t imagine it!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:43 am

quote:
she loves you and i want to hold your hand are also on "past masters vol.1"(in german)

And in English too!

I was wondering when someone was going to post up their being on PM1, actually!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:14 pm

quote:
she loves you and i want to hold your hand are also on "past masters vol.1"(in german) My aunt got me a bunch of records at a garage sale and there is this one called "birth of the beatles" All of the writing is in italian. the songs include: i saw her standing there, too know her is to love her,your feets to big, falling in love again, ask me why, mr. moonlight, hallelujah i love her so, red sails in the sunset, everybody's trying to be my baby, matchbox, i'm tlaking about you, shimmy shake, long tall sally, i remember you. I'ts all live,but the sound quality isn't that good. All in english too. Just curious if anyone has seen this record before.

Sounds like the recordings of the Beatles' last night in Hamburg, new year's eve 1962. I have them incomplete on cd and incomplete on LP. Can someone give me a tracklisting of all the songs that were recorded that night?

By the way, I believe the bouncer, Horst Fascher, also got to sing a song or two that night. I don't remember which ones, I'll look it up.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:39 pm

Brains, are you referring to the Star Club concert in Hamburg? It was recorded live in New Years eve. If that's what you mean, I have a copy of it and can give you the tracks.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:10 pm

Mr.Kite you mean that one recorded by an amateur at the STAR CLUB in Hamburg??? The sound recording isn't good at all, but that has a great historical value!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:04 pm

I think my older brother used to have a tape of that. Man, I wish we still had it!! I think it got lost in the shuffle somewhere.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:41 pm

quote:
Brains, are you referring to the Star Club concert in Hamburg? It was recorded live in New Years eve. If that's what you mean, I have a copy of it and can give you the tracks.

Yes, that's the one. What tracks are on your copy?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:48 pm

NITO--At my son's wedding, a local band was playing. They did about 6 or 7 Beatles songs, 4 or 5 in English. The songs in Portuguese actually sounded OK. ("I Saw Her Standing There" and "All My Loving"). The bass player did all of the english versions and did a nice job. I can't wait to get the video, because there is alot of the music on it--at least they were taping alot. I made sure my fat **s took a seat when the cameras were rolling--didn't want to have that preserved for all to see. LOL

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dakota » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:25 pm

I was at a christening for a friend/bartender from Mexico about 10 yrs ago. They had this reception in his back yard. It was a traditional mexican fiesta type thing even though about 40% of the people there were caucasan.

I remember that the DJ played two Beatles song in a spanish language version. One of them I know was "Obaladi-Obalada"....the other I can't remember. However, I was so tickled to hear these spanish versions.
dakota

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions