Yoko Replaces Lennon's Old Flame in New Video

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:04 pm

BIN ONO STRIKES AGAIN:::::

From IMDB.com.....

"For the recently released DVD Lennon Legend: The Very Best of John Lennon, which includes 20 music videos featuring the slain Beatle, Yoko Ono edited herself into at least two of the original films, including one, #9 Dream, in which she is seen mouthing the backup vocals that were originally sung by May Pang, Lennon's girlfriend at the time, according to FoxNews.com's Roger Friedman. In an interview with Friedman, Pang remarked, "She [Yoko} is trying to erase everyone who had anything to do with John with her alone." Last month Yoko described her intentions to Rolling Stone: "Instead of just making an MTV kind of thing, we carefully considered what John would have wanted to express. Because he was so artistically inclined and so finicky, I think that we tried even harder to make sure it's something he'd be proud of."

Yeah right, Bin Ono. You just wanted to once again, re-write history.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:04 pm

BIN ONO STRIKES AGAIN:::::

From IMDB.com.....

"For the recently released DVD Lennon Legend: The Very Best of John Lennon, which includes 20 music videos featuring the slain Beatle, Yoko Ono edited herself into at least two of the original films, including one, #9 Dream, in which she is seen mouthing the backup vocals that were originally sung by May Pang, Lennon's girlfriend at the time, according to FoxNews.com's Roger Friedman. In an interview with Friedman, Pang remarked, "She [Yoko} is trying to erase everyone who had anything to do with John with her alone." Last month Yoko described her intentions to Rolling Stone: "Instead of just making an MTV kind of thing, we carefully considered what John would have wanted to express. Because he was so artistically inclined and so finicky, I think that we tried even harder to make sure it's something he'd be proud of."

Yeah right, Bin Ono. You just wanted to once again, re-write history.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:37 am

Lennon produced #9 Dream while on sabbatical from Yoko? [:0]

I love that song! Just think of the career he could have had if he'd stayed with May Pang!
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby jamie » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:27 am

i just got this and there is way too much yoko - and some of it is really disappointing . 'beautiful boy' for example - whats going on there ? [:D] i saw a john video special on bbc a while back which was way better than most of the stuff on this dvd.
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:34 am

Some things never change....
Ram1

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:31 am

quote:Originally posted by theDingle
Lennon produced #9 Dream while on sabbatical from Yoko? [:0]

I love that song! Just think of the career he could have had if he'd stayed with May Pang!

Oh yeah, man! Sweet love beats "tough love" anytime !
Berkeleyan

Return to JOHN