Maccobain

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Maccobain

Postby Grillo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:38 pm

Anyone knows if Macca met Cobain?
And what do you think of him?
Ive read Macca regretted his death by saying he was a kinda young genious and that he had done excelent songs.
We all know Cobain was a die hard Beatles fan [:)]
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Maccobain

Postby Grillo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:38 pm

Anyone knows if Macca met Cobain?
And what do you think of him?
Ive read Macca regretted his death by saying he was a kinda young genious and that he had done excelent songs.
We all know Cobain was a die hard Beatles fan [:)]
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:41 pm

I honestly don't think Cobain would have given a sh*t about Paul. Apparently he was a Lennon freak, loved the Plastic Ono Band and when you read about his life it kind of makes sense that he would be inspired by that type of music. He took it a few steps further.

That a blonde haired blue eyed white boy from America who's become an idol to millions blows himself away because he's not happy with his life is kind of ironic.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:53 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
That a blonde haired blue eyed white boy from America who's become an idol to millions blows himself away because he's not happy with his life is kind of ironic.
As if his hair/eye color and heritage has anything to do with suicidal tendencies and depression. Kind of a simplistic view of a tragic event, isn't it?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:23 am

Not at all. What was he depressed about? Being rich? Being famous? Being adored by millions? It's BS.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Grillo » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:09 am

I honestly don't think Cobain would have given a sh*t about Paul.

He was a Lennon freak, yeah but you made everything so simple. He said in a famous MTV interview that he wanted the development/improvement of Nirvana to be identical to the Beatles´(he mentioned particulary his admiration to Sgt Pepper´s-Paul´s baby, isnt it?). So dont think he wouldnt have given a f*** about Paul.

He even sweared that Lennon was a remote uncle of him, no joke [:D]
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:47 am

Not at all. What was he depressed about? Being rich? Being famous? Being adored by millions? It's BS.
I can see you wont cut much slack to anyone who has a problem with severe depression and why some act on it by taking their own life. Money and fame can be overwhelming to some, especially when they don't have the tools to deal with it. Call it a form of mental illness if you like. Nobody knows but him what kind of demons haunted him.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:14 pm

He was a putz... a great songwriter but a putz. If he wasn't happy with all the money he was making he would have been more than welcome to sign a personal cheque over to Gastro Boy. Bottom line is he was a white boy in a white country, made it big with all the privileges that go along with it. He should have no gripes and what does he go and do? Blow away, blow away, blow away...
Gastro (gone)

Postby bianca_macca » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:54 pm

I think depression can't be related to a person circumstances like wealth (not every poor person is depressed and killing himself). If so, you could predict depression and find a cure. I can understand that even with a lot of money and succes you can be very unhappy or get mentally ill. Which is what I think Cobain was: insain.
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:49 pm

My point exactly, Bianca. It had nothing to do with skin/hair/eye color or his wealth. It kills me when people equate happiness and general sanity with fame and fortune. Doesn't ness go hand in hand.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle