Anybody else made a pilgrimage to Liverpool?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:49 pm

I'm just wondering who else has been to Macca's home town? What were your impressions? I think it's quite a neat little town. I love port cities. They are always the most interesting to visit. You get such a mix of people.
It was interesting to see the different neighborhoods that John, Paul, George, Ringo, and even Brian Epstien grew up in. Lower-to-upper middle class.

Penny Lane is such a neat district. You can easily tell how Paul would get the inspiration to write the song. Quite a charming little area.

And Strawberry Fields is as haunting in person as the song.

I really liked Albert Dock as well. Nice shops and resturaunts. I had fish and chips there, LOL! The Anglican Cathedral towers above the whole city. I liked Chinatown as well. I wish I had made my base there instead of Manchester when I was in Northern England. Manchester was fun, but I would have liked to have spent more time in Liverpool. [8D]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:49 pm

I'm just wondering who else has been to Macca's home town? What were your impressions? I think it's quite a neat little town. I love port cities. They are always the most interesting to visit. You get such a mix of people.
It was interesting to see the different neighborhoods that John, Paul, George, Ringo, and even Brian Epstien grew up in. Lower-to-upper middle class.

Penny Lane is such a neat district. You can easily tell how Paul would get the inspiration to write the song. Quite a charming little area.

And Strawberry Fields is as haunting in person as the song.

I really liked Albert Dock as well. Nice shops and resturaunts. I had fish and chips there, LOL! The Anglican Cathedral towers above the whole city. I liked Chinatown as well. I wish I had made my base there instead of Manchester when I was in Northern England. Manchester was fun, but I would have liked to have spent more time in Liverpool. [8D]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:13 pm

I wish.
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:58 am

My greandma took one of my older sisters over there to see some relatives. They did swing through liverpool. I was too young to go at the time and I wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

I have been trying to make plans to go for a while, but I think that i'll wait until the whole war thing is over. It may tke a while.[:(]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:42 pm

I've been there twice: both times for just one day. I took the "Magical Mystery Tour" both times, it takes you to all hotspots, all their homes, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, the Cavern etc. It was real fun, but I didn't get a real impression of the city.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:37 pm

Yeah, I took the "Magical Mystery Tour" as well. England was all so new to me, so it all left an impression. In fact, I went to Manchester and Liverpool before I went to London. The tour guide was really funny on the MMT. Very witty.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions