George

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:37 am

Exactly. Let them dwell on what they have done. Read The Count Of Monte Cristo. It has a very compelling argument against executions.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:37 am

And it's also a brilliant book, too!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:13 am

Was Paul ever hounded by a deranged fan too?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:45 am

You know, it's funny. I can't think of a time that Paul was ever stalked by anyone. Does anyone else know?
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:02 pm

Well, Paul's not kinda paranoid person, only he always lived in the town when was a Beatle, you know, the other Beatles ever prefered to live on the country-side. He was the most sociable of the Beatles. Even nowadays, he said that walks on the street like any people and without bodyguards(though I think it's a big risk!!), he only request them on stage or when he's moving on tours.
But he said also when soon after Lennon was murdered he get affraid of any stranger people that tried to get closer him.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/18/2002 12:03:38
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:23 pm

Yeah. I agree that Paul walking the streets without bodyguards is a BIG risk. I mean, it's great that he feels so secure and free. But that's the same thing John did in his final years in NYC, and well, we see where that got him.
Ram1

Postby mr. kite » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:33 pm

'Just curious, do you think since John and George were into these so called Mysticism (both of them were seriously into Indian religion) their death (John's and the attack on George) had something to do with the way their attackers think about them? I'm just asking this since both Mark Chapman and Michael Abram mentioned that when they were doing this dastardly act, they were in some sort of a mission from God or whoever. Comparing this with Paul, Paul was never into this Eastern Mysticism or whatever that could have endangered his life. Just asking.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:40 pm

I don't recall John being into Indian stuff as much as George. They all went to India in the late 60s. I've always thought someone wasn't doing his job when John was killed. The guards at that building all saw this guy hanging around and hanging around that day, and someone must have been on duty when he got his autograph and STILL hung around. He should have been kicked off the premises. A lot of famous people live in the Dakota.

Until recently, Paul hadn't lived in London for over 30 years. He hired bodyguards after John's death because he was afraid for his children. He's always lived on large properties in the country, surrounded by family and animals, but not isolated as George's estate is.

I also feel that people don't expect to run into Paul McCartney strolling down the street or through a mall, so probably don't even realize it's him.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:07 am

Possibly - although we on here would know the difference, I'm sure!

Liam OSM

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:45 pm

In the "world tonite" video you can see paul walking down the street with the radio on his shoulder. at one point you can see him stop dead in his tracks and switch directions to avoid a crowd of people that had started to wlak towards him. He is not paranoid but he is definitly aware of what could happen to him.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE