Hey Jude album?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Hey Jude album?

Postby megs » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:31 pm

ok, i've heard of this before, what is it, is it like some studio album i dont know about or what...I'M CONFUSING ME[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Hey Jude album?

Postby megs » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:31 pm

ok, i've heard of this before, what is it, is it like some studio album i dont know about or what...I'M CONFUSING ME[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:10 pm

thanks! is rain on pastmasters?[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:12 pm

I bought the Hey Jude album years ago, but it's on cassette. I don't think it's available anymore.
Ram1

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:36 am

Hi
The Hey Jude album are songs that were not previously released on an album, or were B sides to singles..or both. Hey Jude/Revoultion was a double A side. Not sure about Can buy me Love though..was that the B to Penny Lane?
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:27 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
I bought the Hey Jude album years ago, but it's on cassette. I don't think it's available anymore.
yeah they stoped making it, i dont know why though[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:35 am

I also have it in vinyl and cassette. Rain is included in that album. The album cover is their picture standing in front of a big door. I think that was taken in John's estate.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by megs
quote:Originally posted by Ram1
yeah they stoped making it, i dont know why though[8)]

After they streamlined everything to the original British releases and put out "Past Masters Vols 1&2," they stopped making "Hey Jude," "Yesterday and Today," etc. I think they were trying to reduce the number of duplicate copies of songs. Of course the release of the "Yellow Submarine" Song-track a few years ago blew that idea to shreads. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:10 pm

I have HJ on LP vinyl version... I LOVE the front and back cover photos, and the tracks... well, that's awesome but nothing that I don't have, nothing new... I think that album was known as "Beatles Again" in USA,or maybe UK...anybody knows??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:26 pm

THE BEATLES AGAIN / HEY JUDE album

The vinyl copy I had when it was newly released was called HEY JUDE on the spine of the record cover, but the title on the label was THE BEATLES AGAIN. This compilation was released in the US months after LET IT BE in 1970. While its' obvious point was to compile the single tracks that had not yet appeared on a Capitol or Apple album, many tracks were overlooked. I believe the tracks on the album were: Can't Buy Me Love, I Should Have Known Better, Rain, Paperback Writer, Lady Madonna, Revolution, Hey Jude, Don't Let Me Down, Old Brown Shoe and The Ballad Of John And Yoko. Perhaps the overlooked tracks were being saved for another compilation that never happened. The overlooked tracks: There's A Place, Misery, Sie Leibt Dich, A Hard Day's Night, The Inner Light, Get Back (single version), Let It Be (single version) and You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - none of which had appeared on a Capitol or Apple LP in the US at the time.

Eventually this album was released in the UK, but it was originally a US only release.
DylansMrJones

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions