Paul's web-site under fire

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Paul's web-site under fire

Postby Chris Speers » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:51 am

Paul has an advertising on a web-site for "Freedom" it says something like "Do the right thing and support America" and buy Freedom.

I'm sure Paul isn't that dumb and that it probably was some brainless marketing fool who put that up. But, shilling a charity song on a web-site is very insensitive - it's up there with kicking people in wheelchairs and rummaging through the ground zero site for watches, coin, and other valuables. I would think that Paul would have enough sense not to do that and be man enough to admit he messed up. Rather than send letters to McDonalds about their beef (and worrying that Abe Labourel Junior will be the next Denny Kile and die in his sleep of natural causes), i think Paul should focus on cleaning up his own web-site.

I still think McCartney and a lot of other celebrities were duped into raising all that money and then being accountable and responsible for where it was spent. O'Reilly is right. Anybody that profits in any way from the tragedy (and that includes McCartney implicitly promoting songs from the new album at the tragedy event)....is wrong, wrong, wrong. I think Paul should look to clean up his own house before critizing others.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:00 am

Wrong spirit

This is the article. Paul should apologize.

PAUL McCartney promises he’ll pull a promo from his Web site for his Sept. 11-inspired single, admitting it gives the appearance he was trying to cash in on fans’ patriotism. "Show your American spirit by purchasing your copy today!" the Web site hawks. "That’s not the American spirit, and it’s in bad taste," says Lee Ielpi, a retired firefighter whose firefighter son, Jonathan, died at the World Trade Center. "It was certainly not [McCartney’s] intention to mislead anyone or capitalize off Sept. 11," McCartney’s rep, Paul Freundlich, told The Post’s Kenneth Lovett. "I can definitely see how the verbiage can be misleading, and we’re going to take it down."
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:58 pm

It's my understanding that all the money raised from that song will go directly to charity.

As to the telethons and where the money went - it takes a long time for money raised like that to come in and be accounted for before it's spent. I contributed to the first one and it was months before it appeared on my credit card, so I don't think they were spending it somewhere else. I think it went where it should have gone, albeit more slowly than people would have liked.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby numberwriter » Thu Jul 25, 2002 2:07 pm

thank you for that shine, its like, macca has the veggie thing going, linda mcartney foods, not very nice to be honest, i dont like em and im veggie for 20 yrs... lol... but when there was that scare about some meat or something, he replaced all the equipment, just dealt with it like that. its a big deal to work with food, and he did it right. it still tastes bloody awful though, but i reckon thats cos theres no soya, he uses wheat instead, as the bulk protein.
numberwriter

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:02 pm

He had nothing to do with the food!!!! It was ALL Linda!!!! Linda!!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby numberwriter » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:40 am

yeah, it was linda, i know... but the scare came after she left us, and i think it was macca that just decided to cut to the chase and dump all the equipment and start over.
numberwriter

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:08 am

Is paul a vegan or just vegitarian? Because linda had eggs and dairy products in her cookbooks. Just curious.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:23 am

Was not Heather(Linda's) that's managing the veggie food stuffs???

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby shinestar » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:36 pm

The meat scare was well before Linda passed because I recall her doing an interview about it and how upset she was. I think they're vegans, but I also recall she said something about if people want to eat food that tastes like meat, she'll give them that even though she didn't agree. So I'm surpised there's dairy in the food. I haven't heard anything about Heather One being connected to the food business. As far as I know, she's a potter and designs household goods, but I haven't heard anything about the designing business since the first show in Atlanta. I'd love to see it close up - she had some beautiful pieces I saw in a magazine and online.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:36 pm

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
He had nothing to do with the food!!!! It was ALL Linda!!!! Linda!!Who was that again? [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions