DENNIS Wilson

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

DENNIS Wilson

Postby Ram1 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:05 pm

This dude was and still is HIGHLY underrated. He was the goofball screw-off brother in the Beach Boys. He wasn't a great drummer. But anybody that knows anything about Dennis Wilson knows that he was one HECK of a songwriter and singer. If you don't believe me, track down a copy of his 1977 (?) album 'Pacific Ocean Blue.' Unbelievable. Even at the time it came out, it was HIGHLY overlooked. That album is a pure classic that most people have never heard. I don't think you can even find it anywhere on cd. I had to get a taped copy from good 'ol Airdog awhile back. Man, Dennis Wilson was a MAJOR talent. Too bad most people didn't and STILL don't know it.
Ram1

DENNIS Wilson

Postby Ram1 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:05 pm

This dude was and still is HIGHLY underrated. He was the goofball screw-off brother in the Beach Boys. He wasn't a great drummer. But anybody that knows anything about Dennis Wilson knows that he was one HECK of a songwriter and singer. If you don't believe me, track down a copy of his 1977 (?) album 'Pacific Ocean Blue.' Unbelievable. Even at the time it came out, it was HIGHLY overlooked. That album is a pure classic that most people have never heard. I don't think you can even find it anywhere on cd. I had to get a taped copy from good 'ol Airdog awhile back. Man, Dennis Wilson was a MAJOR talent. Too bad most people didn't and STILL don't know it.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:37 pm

he did have a great voice.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:56 pm

My uncle bought the album and I taped it about 25 years ago. Awesome voice and lyrics, and totally ignored. I need to find that tape.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:58 pm

I've heard it was amazing. The guy is so under-rated.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:02 am

Tragic story on him, man. He could have done alot better than Christine McVie as one of his last companions....just kidding. And to think that the guy almost got offed my Manson and company many years before.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:09 am

Yeah, if you guys can't find a copy, I'll tape it for you if you want it. I was listening to it tonight for the first time in ages. It TICKS me off whenever such a brilliant piece of work is overlooked like that. It's just a cryin' shame.
Ram1

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru2 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:37 pm

I wasn't aware of 'Pacific Ocean Blue" but I will try to track down a copy on Vinyl.
Sundays on the phone to monday....Tuesdays on the phone to me.
Genuine_Indian_Guru2

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru2 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:41 pm

If anyone else is interested in that Denis Wilson solo album...it was released on the Caribou label and a near mint copy on vinyl would run you about 30 bucks.
Sundays on the phone to monday....Tuesdays on the phone to me.
Genuine_Indian_Guru2

Return to Music - Other Artists