Any Traders?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Any Traders?

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:42 pm

Are there any Beatle video tape traders here? I have a ton of Beatles related stuff on video. From all of the Ed Sullivan appearances, full-length Tokyo concert from '66 tour, Paul on Carson from 1984, various promo clips, and even the rarest of the rare...the EXTREMELY hard to find John and Paul on the Tonight Show from '68, plus much much more. I'm not so much interested in trading as I am just wondering if anybody else collects too, and what you have. I think it would be fun to talk about.
Ram1

Postby shorty » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:22 pm

I would be intersted in trading, you have some great stuff, I have the "48 hours" interviews videos etc.. from the new world tour. moving on, rockshow, different beatle music video's, hard day's night, let it be, help, magical mystery tour, some interviews etc...

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:34 am

Hey Shorty. I haven't really had much extra money lately to do tape trading. (Buying tapes, mailing packages off, etc.) But I'll still trade every once in a while. Sounds like you have some really good stuff too. One thing my collection defintely lacks is Wings stuff. So I would definitely like some Wings stuff. You can email me if you want.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:49 pm

Ram, you have the Tonight show from 1968?? Does Joe Gargiola , former baseball analyst, make a complete jerk of himself or does he conduct a decent interview???

THe Beatles were very naive and dumb in their business acumen. I would say that Apple and a lot of their business decisions (right up until 1985 as recently as that when Macca could have bought his songs for only 50 million) - were really dumb.

People forget that the Beatles could have bought the rights to ATV back in 1969 for only 3.5 million. Sad, sad, sad.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:02 pm

Hey, Chris. Yeah, I got it from this trader in CT probably about 10 years ago now. The quality is absolutely HORRIBLE though. And from what I've read on the net, that's about as good as it gets. I don't even know if a "perfect" quality tape of the interview even exists. So I can't really tell ya if Garagiola does a good job or not, because the interview is really cut up. The sound for the most part is out of sync and everything. It's so bad that even sometimes you hear John and Paul talking, but there mouths aren't even moving! LOL And it gets worse as the interview progresses. So all in all, because of the bad quality, it's just really something "to have" if you're a hardcore Beatles fan. It's just cool to know that you own a very rare piece of history. But from the very few bits and pieces of the audio that I can make out, it seemed that Paul looked very comfortable and was cracking a lot of jokes, and the audience was laughing. And it seemed like John could care less about being there. He didn't seem to say much and hardly smiled. I think he just looked really uncomfortable. But of course Macca, the natural performer, looked very at ease and comfortable in fron of the audience and camera.
As I stated in my first post, I also own a copy of Paulie on the Tonight Show from '84. This time with Carson himself. And Paul references the '68 show. He joked with Carson that the last time he was on the show, he came to meet him (Carson), but when he showed up at the studio, he instead met Joe. Now that video is A+ quality. Great interview too. Paul was there to promote Broadstreet. The Tonight Show crew intentionally placed a guitar behind Paul's chair, and Johnny and the audience were jokingly badgering Paul throughout the interview to play something. So finally at the end, Paul very comically strummed and sang the first few bars of Yesterday out of tune, (like a drunk.)It was very funny. Then he went into a short little "You are my sunshine,my only sunshine" song. It only lasted about a minute, but it was funny. And it was great.
Ram1

Postby jpm » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:27 am

As a new member i was very interested in knowing if anyone has a copy of macca single hits on video.I am disappointed that paul had at least two opportunities ( all the best,and wingspan) to bring out a compilation video to accompany it like most bands do.And because he never has there are videos like say say say,pipes of peace,off the ground,tug of war and so on i have never seen plus the even rarer ones like the promo vid for so bad.I would like to have a compilation for prosperity alone not to copy or resell,it would be my prized possession,if any one could help please contact me.ASAP
NB my user name: jpm (JAMES PAUL McCARTNEY)..........THANKS MIKE
jpm

Postby shinestar » Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:50 pm

Chris, while the Beatles were very naive re Apple, etc., it was not naivety or stupidity that cost Paul the Beatles catalog. The company selling would not wait for him to liquify enough assets to put up the money and sold to Michael Jackson instead. Personally, I think that's criminal. It wasn't that he didn't have the money, they wouldn't wait for him to get it.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:41 am

Hey, Ram1, I also have several videos of Beatles and of their solo outings but I'm pretty sure that yours is very extensive. Would you be interested in helping me get copies of these since I really love to watch these videos?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:09 am

Kite, always glad to help out a fellow fan. But I've been kinda taking a break from the trading for a little while. (Did a whole bunch of it at one time.) But we'll see. Have you checked out my video list? Access it through my profile or by clicking on the little "house" above my name.
Ram1

Postby mr. kite » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:06 am

Thanks Ram1, nice to know that I still have a chance to improve my collections WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS. I'll check your profile too. Thanks again!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions