Imagine Documentary

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:17 am

Yeah, that scene is actually in both of the Imagine "documentary" films. The guy was this grubby hippie guy, probably homeless. John's assistants found him sleeping on the estate, so they brought him to John. Either he was stoned or just plain delusional. I think both. Anyway, John talked with him outside the door for a few minutes, and eventually asked him if he was hungry and invited him in. The film shows them sitting around the table eating. From what it looked like, it seems they were eating a hearty country breakfast. Fat sausages, toast, and coffee.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:02 pm

Yeah but look at that guy's eyes... Seems that he came from a bad-trip, ain't that???

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:10 pm

Yeah probably.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:59 am

Yeah, I always thought he was on some sort of drugs, or he could have just been in awe meeting John who was so lovely to him. Don't you think? I mean, he didn't have to talk to him, much less feed him.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:46 am

Thanks a lot for the info. Well, given the same chance, would you do the same to Paul? I mean, go to his house and have the nerve to talk to him? Me, I'd love to.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:43 am

quote:Thanks a lot for the info. Well, given the same chance, would you do the same to Paul? I mean, go to his house and have the nerve to talk to him? Me, I'd love to.

Well, it depends on the circumstances. The guy in the Lennon film wasn't exactly given a chance. He was emotionally sick and/or stoned out of his mind, trespassing, and sleeping on Lennon's property.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:52 pm

When I was in London and trying to find Paul's house on that street, I asked the postman where it was. This was in '86 so people were still a little leery after what happened to John. He looked me up and down and said, "He doesn't live there, you know." I said, "I know. I'd be dead embarrassed to run into him or linda since I'm older than they are!" I should say here that I age in clumps and usually appear to be about 20 years younger than I am or more. So at that time, I appeared to be somewhere in my 20s and he probably thought I was one of those screamers or something, which I never was. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But anyway, he visibly softened, smiled, and pointed it out to me. I recall the big gate being dark green and it was black and, as I've said, I didn't realise it was at the end of a one way street. But I took photos and was very pleased to have found it. I would have loved to have seen the wild garden but knew it was out of the question.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jet » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:26 pm

I think he probably had been tripping on something or other. There is a point in the conversation where John answers him with the quote "If you're on some trip anything fits." I assume John was refering to drugs influence when he said this but I'm not sure.
jet

Postby shinestar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:39 pm

Oh, I definitely think he was tripping and I was very impressed with how gentle John was with him. He really seemed to be listening to John too, trying so hard to take it all in.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:20 pm

Wow that was close ShineStar. I've never imagined myself standing infront of Macca's house, sniffing the aroma of his garden. Whew!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN