John v Paul - War In Song

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:33 am

OK then. We all know about How Do You Sleep - and I've seen a lot here saying it was a response to Too Many People, and that Paul smoothed things over with Dear Friend, but I don't think it started with TMP.

I believe the cause is John's "I Found Out". It contains the lyric "I've seen religion from Jesus to Paul" - sung in a most scathing manner. (Not to mention the line "with your c**k in your hand"! Is this John's nastiest song ever?)

What do the rest of you think?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:33 am

OK then. We all know about How Do You Sleep - and I've seen a lot here saying it was a response to Too Many People, and that Paul smoothed things over with Dear Friend, but I don't think it started with TMP.

I believe the cause is John's "I Found Out". It contains the lyric "I've seen religion from Jesus to Paul" - sung in a most scathing manner. (Not to mention the line "with your c**k in your hand"! Is this John's nastiest song ever?)

What do the rest of you think?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 pm

I thought this lyric referes 'bout the drugs that tormented their lives(he and Yoko) and all his desillusion about himself as a Beatle- former. And I heard somewhere that the line "from Jesus to Paul" he refered to apostle Paul(St.Paul)... I don't know if it's true, and yet didn't relate as an attack onto Macca.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/04/2002 17:02:54
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:58 am

Well it certainly sounds suspicious. The moment I heard it, I figured it was an attack on our Paul. Grrr . . .

Liam OSM

Return to MACCA - all discussions