Let's get a little Fox Mulder-ish here for a sec

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Len » Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:53 pm

What do all of you make of the whole Paul is dead craze? Although I have never believed it, it does make for interesting discussions, and the so-called clues are very striking.

Anyone pick up any other "clues", other than the ones everybody already knows about?

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Len » Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:53 pm

What do all of you make of the whole Paul is dead craze? Although I have never believed it, it does make for interesting discussions, and the so-called clues are very striking.

Anyone pick up any other "clues", other than the ones everybody already knows about?

Len

Postby Len » Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:55 pm

It's off to bed for this Trans-Atlantic, American tour-deprived fan, but I'm looking forward to reading all the heated debating in the morning.

"Now it's time to say good night. Good night, sleep tight."

Len

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:14 pm

My own humble opinion is the whole Paul is dead craze gives Beatle fans a bad name. It's sick, twisted, and a bit off for people to explore clues on something that we know didn't happen.

It is very similar to the Kennedy Assasination - people who have all this time looking for conspiracy theories will find them because all things under a microscope don't add up. Look at the OJ Simpson murder trail as a perfect example.

I always felt the "Paul is dead" conspiracy was when Beatle fans became a bit too much like Star Trek fans (a bit too sheltered, and living in the past) - I dig the music and i dig the overall Beatle sound but when it comes to looking beyond that - no thanks.

Most of the clues are bogus. The 28 IF license plate on Abbey Road is irrelevant because he was 27 at the time of picture.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:08 pm

Jeez, the guy only got married, had a baby and moved to Scotland instead of hanging out at London clubs and that was the answer as to where he was? Gimme a break! I think the whole Paul is Dead thing is absurd and stupid.

The JFK assassination is a whole other story and not worth going into here.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Len » Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:51 am

Whoops - I guess I started something here! LOL

Absurd and stupid, definitely. But also very interesting. At one point (years ago) I thought that maybe The Beatles deliberately put all those "clues" into their music and artwork, just as one big practical joke. Now it seems to me it's much more coincidence and wishful thinking on the part of the believers.

Len

Postby Brains » Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:43 am

I thought the Paul Is Dead thing was absurd, but harmless fun. C'mon, it's not like anyone in their right mind could believe for a sec that it was real. So it's just real funny to look up all those ridiculous clues.

I'm sure you'll be able to find clues that John, George or Ringo are dead too. Or that Paul and Yoko had a relationship. Or that Brian Epstein is actually an alien from outer space. And so on and so on.

There's one so-called clue on Abbey Road that I really liked. It's on the back side, there's a shadow of a tree or something which looks a lot like a skull.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:38 am

I have the book" The Walrus Was Paul" it's all about the death thing.

In the book it is admitted that the beatles played along with the whole thing, but didn't admit to it, due to the whole Charles Manson, Helter Skelter thing.

I mean John sing's " here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul" He knew what he was singing ,and they all played it out for fun.

The book is a fun book to read, although I don't believe paul died, The book realy twists your mind. It's just in fun.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:51 pm

Yeah, I don't take it seriously. Like Shorty said, it's just fun reading about all the "clues" and stuff, because there are so many. I just look at it like a little fun puzzle game, nothing more. And I do kinda think that The Beatles played around with it, because some of the "clues" seem much more than coincidental. I think the lads actually threw some stuff in there on purpose.
I actually got this really long newsletter type of thing through the mail a few years ago that is apparently by these bunch of quacks who actually believe that Paul is dead, and that the Paul we know now is actually an "imposter." I'll share some of it with you. Ok, here are some of the various "clues". Just remember, I don't believe this stuff, but it IS rather interesting...

*Check out the doll on the cover of Sgt. Pepper. The one that has the "Welcome the Rolling Stones" shirt. If you look very closely, she's actually holding a small white Aston Martin car, the car which Paul was supposedly driving that night he crashed and "died" in Nov. 1966. The inside of the car appears to be blood red, and the doll appears to be holding "blood-stained" driving gloves.
*When Paul "died" that night, he was officially pronounced dead, or "OPD", which is the patch the "imposter Paul" wears on his left arm inside the Sgt. Pepper album.
*The man who is supposedly the "new Paul McCartney" is actually believed to be a man named William Campbell. Campbell was a club singer from Scotland, who won a McCartney look-alike contest in 1965. After 1966, he hasn't been seen or heard from.
*In "Good Morning Good Morning", John sings..."now you're in gear (car)"..and "Nothing to do to save his life." Plus, "People running round it's five o'clock." (Paul was supposedly pronounced dead at 5 AM.)
*In Magical Mystery Tour, Ringo's bass drum head seems to read "Love the 3 Beatles."

And then they ask me for a MERE $39.50 for the "complete" story.

Anyway, of course I don't believe that Paul is dead. But, I do think that The Beatles (including Paul), may have had a little fun with it for a laugh.
Ram1

Postby Len » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:09 pm

My favourite "clue" is that bit of gibberish right between I'm So Tired and Blackbird that, when played backwards, sounds like John saying "Paul is dead. I miss him, miss him, miss him."

Len

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions